Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

My First Post

Hi everyone, I wish there were no need for a place like this to exist but I am glad it does. I have never dealt with what happened to me at all. I guess the shock never wore off even though it has been years. Only when I was looking for help online for a friend did I kind of crumble and let myself feel all those things. I really don't know what to do. It's so hard to talk to friends, even thoiugh I have told them. I can't tell my family because it would destroy them. I don't want this to change the way anyone feels about me. So here I am. This is my first step.

painttheangels,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around. I am sure that you will be feeling at home in no time. There are so many great people here who will give you the support and encouragement you are looking for. I look forward to seeing you around the board.

:notalone::supportu:

Take good care of yourself.

:hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug:

I'm so sorry for the things that have happened to you, but I am so glad that you are starting on your path to recovery! Take as long as you need to be sure you feel comfortable here, because trust is so very important. People will be here for you at any time :)

It's lovely to meet you!

morethanwords :flowers:

Hi painttheangels,

I'm glad you've joined After Silence. I hope you find our community to be helpful and supportive. Take your time, and know that sharing is optional. Whenever you feel safe and comfortable, you're welcome to share as little or as much as you like.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Take care, and I'll see you around the site. :):hug:

Hi :aswelcomesu::notalone:

Well done for taking the first step. When it comes to telling friends I feel exactly the same way but it helps to be on here with people who understand what your going through. I offer my support and if you need anything I am here to help or try anyway. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Take care of yourself

Welcome and congratulations for seeking help somewhere.

I understand. It really is hard sharing these powerfully terrible experiences with those closest to us (our families) and its something i really havent done either.

Heres to the healing.

-cissa

Hello painttheangels

Welcome to AS :) Im glad you found us and your here with us :) you are amongst friends.You are very brave and amazing in taking such a huge first step :)

hugs

graice