Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi All

Well as you've probably gathered I'm new, and I just wanted to say hello to you all :)

I'm having a hard time accepting that I have a right to be here at the moment, as I just keep feeling like I'm making a big fuss over nothing. It's so comforting to know that there are people here who have been through similar things, and who understand, although it is awful for us all. Because people who haven't been through abuse themselves don't truly understands what it does to you, and I've never been able to speak to someone who "gets it" before...

Anyway, I've gone on too long. Hi :)

morethanwords,

I already welcomed you in your first posting, but thought it wouldn't hurt to welcome you again. You can never feel too welcomed. You have every right to be here. If you are struggling with it, than you should be here. Everybody has their own stories. Nobody's pain is more important than someone else's regardless of the type or amount of abuse they suffered. I really hope that you will be feeling at home shortly. Take care.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi morethanwords,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I know that I have found the strength to face another day many times through the words and presence of those dear ones who make this site a true "community." I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

Hi and welcome, i am sorry for what has brought you here but glad you are here now. You have every right to be here. Hope you start to feel better about things soon. I understand that people who haven't been through it themselves don't offer much support but you are definitely supported on here.

I look forward to seeing you around. I offer my support. Ohh and I love your signature it is uplifting and made me smile so thanks for that. Take care

Hi all who I haven't replied to! Thanks for the welcome :) this really seems like a wonderful place to be, and I'm so happy to be part of the community.

Can't wait to get to know you all a bit better also! And Maxxi, thank you - it does the same for me :)

morethanwords :flowers:

Hey, hey, hey. ;)

I've had the pleasure of meeting you a few times in chat by now. Looks like you're nice and comfy here, and I'm glad! :)

Welcome, again!

Looking forward to many, many more chats...

Cappy

Hello Morethenwords

Welcome to AS :) Im glad you found us and your here with us :) you are amongst friends.If your life has been affected then what youve gone through certainly is a big deal :)

hugs

graice