Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

Hello. I am not only new to this website but am also new to this form of communication. This forum is much appreciated.

I will be 42 this Wednesday. I am in a weird place. For the most part, I feel good. I still have my moments when my memories overwhelm me, hold me back, make it difficult for me to function. My recovery time from these memories are significantly shorter now. Still, it feels good to have a place to recenter myself.

My experience was from childhood... Mother's boyfriends. Yes!!! boyfriends as in plural. A fact that took me a long time to process. I won't get into the head trip it did on me. i.e. personal responsibility. the first time shame on them. the second time shame on me. I do know that I am in no way responsible for what happened. Anyhow, I am ebullire33/ebu33.

I am new as well and am very nervous. I am also having trouble navigating around and trying to figure out how to POST and such.

I am 55 and have been carrying around PTSD for over 38 years and hope to get to chat live and understand the why's of some of the needs I have. Maybe I will help others in the process?? Thanks.

Thank you for the welcome, it is never fun being the new person.

I will be checking our the discussions and as I become more familiar will add more posts ... I think I am getting the hang of it. I hope so anyway.

Thanks again.

Hi ebullire33,

Welcome to AfterSilence :hug:

Happy birthday for next Wednesday :birthday:

I am sorry for the CSA you experienced as a child, no child should have to live through that, and I am very sorry that you have lived through that :bighug: Here at AS their are people who understand and who have been through similar situations as you have, and can relate to how you feel, and I hope that you can get the support you need here at AS :tealribbon:

Take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :)

ebullire33 ~ :aswelcomesu:

My name is tuliptorn I am 39 years of age, struggling with this most of my life.

I am very glad you are here for support, and to keep up those good feelings.

BTW- shame on them, and shame on them again.

:console: :console: :notalone::supportu::youcanheal:

hi and welcome to AS! :)

Hi and welcome i am glad you have found AS i hope it helps you. So sorry for all you have been through especially at such a young age hope to hear more from you take care