Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here, Nervous About Posting, Constant Anxiety

Hi, I'm Juliahh. I am glad to find a support site, but sad that so many women have been through this. I was raped a little over a month ago and I'm having a very hard time. I want to put this experience in a little "compartment" in my life and forget about it. I don't want to deal with it, but I'm not handling things very well. I've been having constant panic attacks and am always anxious. I have lost over 15 lbs and am constantly nauseous. The panic attacks are making it hard for me to leave the house. The last time I was out was 4 days ago. I was at my doctor's office and my anxiety was so high I got sick in the lobby of his office. The trauma involved my mouth, and I am not able to eat without gagging and vomiting. My doctor wants me to see a therapist, but I am terrified to go. I am worried I'm always going to feel this way and never feel ok again. Does anyone ever get through this? How?

:hi: Juliahh and welcome to AS. :flowers: I agree with your doctor about the therapist. It really does help. I am terribly sorry that happened to you.

Take care,

Kaylee

Welcome! I'm glad you're here but sorry that you have to be here at all. Just coming here and posting is a good step. Congratulate yourself for this!

yes, we do get through it. Help...well it helps - I agree with your doctor too. You don't have to always feel this way. What you're going through is normal, unfortunately. Lots of us here have been through the same things....a good therapist can help you get through so much of this and give you your life back. No will tell you it hasn't changed....but it can still be beautiful!!

Again, welcome and we're here for you!!

hi and welcome to AS!! :flowers:

i am so so sorry for what happened to you. the good news is that you will get through this. i know it's tough right now but you can and will heal. what happened to you was not your fault, you don't have to go through this alone. i think it's awesome that you found this site. We are always here for each other. i think it's a great idea that your dr recommended a therapist. please let me know if there is anything i can do for you. i look forward to getting to know you. :hug:

Jill

Hi, I'm Juliahh. I am glad to find a support site, but sad that so many women have been through this. I was raped a little over a month ago and I'm having a very hard time. I want to put this experience in a little "compartment" in my life and forget about it. I don't want to deal with it, but I'm not handling things very well. I've been having constant panic attacks and am always anxious. I have lost over 15 lbs and am constantly nauseous. The panic attacks are making it hard for me to leave the house. The last time I was out was 4 days ago. I was at my doctor's office and my anxiety was so high I got sick in the lobby of his office. The trauma involved my mouth, and I am not able to eat without gagging and vomiting. My doctor wants me to see a therapist, but I am terrified to go. I am worried I'm always going to feel this way and never feel ok again. Does anyone ever get through this? How?

Hello. I am new to this... website of support and so grateful that it is here. I do understand the power of sisterhood and it is a huge step that you are able to open up about your experience. But, emotional wellness comes slowly. Giving us time to learn and to hopefully work positively with our new "self." Baby steps my sister. It is good that you are able to connect the dots between your emotional experience and it's physical manifestations.

You will feel whole again. The anxiety will diminish with time and help. Many blessings to you. Ebu33

hi juliahh and welcome to AS! I hope you find the support you need here and sorry things have been so hard for you lately.

Hi I am so sorry you are having such an awful time. If it is any consolation I felt the same way just after it happened the first time to me and it does start to get easier eventually with time. I hope you are in a safe place now and can start to recover. It will take a while but everyone here is here for you +can offer help. It probably is a good idea for you to go to a therapist it does help to speak to someone you don't know but will offer support face to face. Make sure you feel comfortable with them first though.

Hope things start to improve for you soon and feel free to message me if you need any help

Take care