Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hi AfterSilence.

i'm lisa, a 23-year-old survivor. it seems weird to call myself that, as i've never thought of myself as either a victim or a survivor until so recently. i live in st. paul, mn. i was molested by my dad from early childhood through adolesence and i've never known anyone else who'd gone through the same things. i've tried various in-person support groups that didn't really suit me. it's actually kind of amazing how few resources are available to survivors of incest in particular. no bookstores carry anything on the topic, no music relates to it (except queen ifrica). it's been a little frustrating - i definitely find that the topic is still basically taboo. so anyway... boy am i relieved to find you all! i look forward to getting to know you!

thanks,

lisa/etoile23. :tealribbon:

hello lisa, welcome to AS. i'm new here also. you're right, it's amazing how few resources there are for those of use who are victims/survivors. but sometimes it seems help is closer than you think. i found that out 3 weeks ago when mu past finially was unlocked inside my head and had a breakdown. and now i've found this sire, which seems so wonderful already. i hope we get the chance to chat. we're hrea to help and support each other.

Hi Lisa, welcome to AS. You are right there is not alot of resources available, when I was growing up, SA was never talked of. My father's rules were simple, don't talk, don't think, don't feel and don't tell. I think you have found the right place, you are a survivor just like the rest of, I think you will find alot of good things and wonderful survivors here.

:aswelcomesu::supportu::notalone::youcanheal:

Hi Lisa :flowers:

Welcome to After Silence. I am glad you found your way here. :hug::hug:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and Welcome lisa.

Maybe you can find some good books from people here. Or inspirational music, or movies, or artwork, or something, anything, because there are loads of suggestions just floating around here. Check out the amusment alcove, or something like that. As around, post around, you'll get tons.

Did i mention welcome?

:butterfly: