Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

It's My First Time Here

I don't know where to start or what to say. But the more i try to push away the abuse i suffered as a child the more it hurts me. I hate the secrets that i carry. It's been almost 16 years, Does the pain ever go away?

I'm so tired of it all :cry:

I don't know where to start or what to say. But the more i try to push away the abuse i suffered as a child the more it hurts me. I hate the secrets that i carry. It's been almost 16 years, Does the pain ever go away?

This is my first day as a member too. Hi. I hope you're feeling ok today. I've been there, and hope that you can find something to get you through this bad time - a song or a smell, a bath, a jog around the block, whatever. Doing one tiny thing to be kind to yourself every day helps. Remember that you deserved better than to be treated the way you were. And I can tell you that while the pain doesn't just "go away", it does ease up. Write me if I can help.

Love.

I don't know if I can tell you it goes away but dealing with the scars it left behind can make things easier. I can hear the hurt in what you wrote and I want you to know you are not alone. Warm welcome.. I hope you feel at home soon. Remember that nothing is insignificant and you are never aone.

Jenny

(Memoriesfadeaway) :flowers:

Let me start by telling you that : :aswelcomesu:

Then tell you : :notalone: and that : :supportu: and hopefully through the gentle guidance and

support of others here you too shall learn : :youcanheal:

hun start with whatever you want whenever you want. its not a process that can be rushed. we are all here for you! i am here for you anytime! it never fully goes away but it does subside as we begin to heal and thats something im sorta learning now. i hope you find what you need here.

rebekah

I am sorry that you are hurting and it will get better. I hope that you will find everyone as supportive as I have. Welcome to AS. :flowers:

Take care,

Kaylee

Wastedrose,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for what led you here but I am glad that you found your way here to AS. I know that you will find what you are looking for. People here are very supportive, kind and encouraging and I hope that you will be feeling at home and comfortable here shortly. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:notalone::supportu:

Please take good care of yourself, ok?

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It's very comforting!

Starting therapy AGAIN tomorrow. And another new therapist so it's back to square one and digging up all those old demonds. Why can't i find one i can connect with. :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I hope you are doing okay today, thinking of you! I'm new here, too. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hello and Welcome

Still working towards making the pain go away, but I have figured out without a doubt that holding it in only hurts more.

I hope you can find piece, heal, comfort, what you need.

:butterfly: