Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Good Day, Folks.

Hello,

I thought of something, and was hoping if someone could answer it. This is pretty much to all, not just survivors but also to those who are in the family of survivors. My first question was more directed to the survivors, unless family knows how to answer it, the gender that abused (everything - rape, sexual assault, sexual abuse) you.. are you still able to be near people of that gender? Are you able to hug them, stand near them, without the fear of being revolted? For females who were abused by women, how are you in regards to being able to be a female? Females who were abused by men, are you afraid of all men?? For males who were abused by women or men, are you afraid at all??

To the family of the survivors, did you have a "abuser" in your family and how have you or your whole family reacted to them? How did you treat your friend, or your family member?

Thank you, appreciate it. I'm asking to understand, ha, aren't we all though??

I.

Edited by 123456

hello good day folks. you forgot boys SA by men, but I know it's not on purpose. my SA was buried for almost 32 years in my head.

i abused drugs and alchohol for almost all that time.

i spend most of my time at home, i can't really bother me to the extent if being in fear of other men, but i am always aware it seems now. men much bigger bother me a little, wish i could say more

men they abused me, and alot of them im only 14 but have been pregnant twice, and raped almost everyday for two years when i was nine and ten, raped by a stranger, by a friend three times, my brother who is younger and my stepdad has touched me when he was drunk...

I cant go anywhere near them, cant touch them, and am very afraid of them, i live with my brother and dad, and am at my moms right now with my brother and stepdad...

Hello,

My heart goes out to both of you. I'm sorry to hear that, and yes I did Lonely. Sorry about that!

Vanish, don't you have anyone in your family who you can trust?? Or a person to talk to, if you are at all close to me, I'm more than willing to be there to help you.

I.

i was "hurt" by both genders im not comfortable with anyone and im not happy with most of them but i am able to cope somehow. i am usually numb so i dont feel so i can stand being around them but as far as the hugging and mushy stuff - hell no! i can hug a few people in my family and a few REALLY REALLY close friends but thats it! the rest no! i just keep a safe distant and PRAY SO HARD i dont puke or have a panic attack or anything in the meantime.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that. I know the feeling, and perhaps I need to take a little bit of the medicine, but not everyone is bad. It's a big world out there, sometimes we see the rough parts of it but there is good there too.

I.

i was "hurt" by both genders im not comfortable with anyone and im not happy with most of them but i am able to cope somehow. i am usually numb so i dont feel so i can stand being around them but as far as the hugging and mushy stuff - hell no! i can hug a few people in my family and a few REALLY REALLY close friends but thats it! the rest no! i just keep a safe distant and PRAY SO HARD i dont puke or have a panic attack or anything in the meantime.
  • 2 weeks later...