New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Another Newbie Here

Hi All,

First let me introduce myself; my name is Trisha, I am 49 yrs old and live in New England.

I am sorry we are all part of this "club" however we are fortunate to have the internet and message boards which enable us to connect and support eachother. Even though I am new to this board, I have been part of a breast cancer message board for the past 6 months and often times it has been a lifeline to me. Just reading posts where women aired emotions that are similar to mine have been extremely beneficial. I haven't browsed through AS site yet but am hoping it will be similar in nature to the breast cancer message board.

My best to all,

Trish

Trisha58,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the circumstances that led you here to AS but I am glad that you found your way here. Take your time and look around. I'm sure that you will be feeling at home in no time and you will meet all kinds of people who are willing to support and encourage you as much as they can. Know that as long as you are here, you are never truly alone.

:supportu::notalone:

Please take really good care of yourself, ok?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

welcome trish!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

that's great that you're already familiar with forums. you'll be WAY ahead of me when i started earlier this week!

Hope you find courage and strength here! i did.

Best, Ceege

p.s. i would say write with any questions :type: but maybe i should ask you, LOL

let me know if you want to talk. we are all here for you.

Hi Trisha,

I'm glad you've joined After Silence. I think you'll find that AS is very similar to the breast cancer board, in that we share, relate, and support one another, and can truly understand each others struggles. We have some things in common, and I'll message you soon.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via personal message. I look forward to getting to know you over time, and hope to see you around the site. Take care, and welcome! :hug::)

hi trish and welcome to AS! I live in new england as well :)