Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Here Goes Nothin!

Hello,

I'm brand new to this site, so bear with me in trying to figure out how to navigate it.

I'm hoping to get some insight on how to cope with myself. In just this past week, I've been feeling ashamed, embarrassed, guilty, sad, on top of a lot of other emotions that I am sure you have all experienced. I am having a hard time getting the fragments of what happened to me last week out of my head and it is becoming extremely hard to focus.

Thank you for reading.

-N

Hey,

Well, would you like to talk about it? Sometimes it helps when you just have a person listen rather than say they are listening but aren't really or could give a sh*t. Anyway, if you need an ear, i would kindly give it.

I.

Hi solost,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence. I am so sorry that you are struggling with the memories. It takes time. If you haven't talked to someone...a counselor or some other professional, it might help. Take comfort here too. Being surrounded by others who have endured and understand what you have gone through may make a difference.

I do hope that you find comfort and support here. I know that I have found the strength to face another day many times through the words and presence of those dear ones who make this site a true "community." I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

Hi and welcome to AS!

Hi SoLost

Welcome here to AS hon..Im glad you found us and are here with us..As you begin to heal and grow hon the feelings you have will change..Its very hard at first, very very hard...Im glad your here

hugs

graice