Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi..

Hi..

I don't really know what to say or do.. which probably sounds stupid. I'm really scared and nervous about reaching out, because this is something i have never discussed with anyone. I want help, and to trust, and to not feel the way that i do anymore, because i always feel so shy and nervous all the time..

Welcome, Lissy.

Take your time, and do some reading. Hopefully you'll get comfortable here. You're among friends, and we're all here for you.

Hugs,

~ Heidi

Doesn't sound stupid to me at all. I READ these boards for five years before I would actually start posting. I never did post on this WELCOME board, still haven't told MY STORY........but just decided one day that I was FINALLY brave even to sign in with a name instead of just reading as a "guest". I guess the NEED TO VENT board was my first place to post.

You are very brave to have come here. I am proud of you...........seek support. Look around, read the posts and when you feel comfortable posting about YOU.......do it, not before it feels safe for you though. This place is all about honoring yourself and your OWN feelings..........take care and WELCOME TO THIS WONDERFUL WORLD OF SUPPORT!

Hello Lissy

Welcome here to AS..Im glad you found us and are here with us..We are a very supportive and understanding bunch'

hugs

graice

Hi Lissy! Dont worry - its natural to be nervous about reaching out at first but as you get used to the support you will find here it will become easier!

:aswelcomesu:

Hello,

Well, if you ever need someone to talk to or even just someone not to talk about what happened, but someone to just talk to about whatever. Know that my door is open, and have a good day.

I.

Hi..

I don't really know what to say or do.. which probably sounds stupid. I'm really scared and nervous about reaching out, because this is something i have never discussed with anyone. I want help, and to trust, and to not feel the way that i do anymore, because i always feel so shy and nervous all the time..

Welcome, Lissy.

Nope, not stupid at all but I know how you feel. Every time I type something on here I worry, but I'm quickly seeing that I have no reason to. People on here are so supportive and understanding.

Hi Lissy,

I'm glad you've joined After Silence. I hope you find it to be a supportive, caring community. I think we were all nervous at first, but hopefully you'll realize you're quite welcome here, and we're pleased to have you among us.

Take your time, and have a look around. There is no pressure to post anything you feel uncomfortable sharing. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. I look forward to getting to know you, as you feel comfortable. Welcome! :):hug:

Wow, I am not alone then! Hi, I am new and nervous too. Seems to be taking me ages even to understand this site, but I am getting there. This is so weird. Somewhere to be able to talk about something so taboo... I feel overwhelmed. x