New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×
If you are having any trouble connecting or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Old Crime, New Person

Aloha,

Thank you John for sending me this link. I was having problems posting and you have given me thine key!!!

So a quick intro-

My crime is 10 years old. I have been chain smoking pot and popping pills ever since. I did manage to get married to a lovely understanding husband. He has always known about the rape. He also got me to consider getting sober. SOoooo, I have been for more than 2 months and feel great to not be a slave to my vices anylonger. I know 2 months doesn't sound like a lot, but to me it is enormous. I am hopeful that I will continue to improve and feel that joining this group is my next path to freedom and triumph from my rapist!! Maybe I am too optimistic.

Anyway, thank you for having me- iam glad to be here.

Liesal

Hi and welcome!

I am glad you found this place. I have only recently joined and it is so supportive and feels such a safe place to share.

Well done for staying sober for 2 months. A great achievement.

We will all support you all the way. There is also a forum here for addictions which has some great threads so have a look around.

Maddie X

Congrats on 2 months sober. And congrats on taking the steps to gain your freedom.

I'm also new and this place is awesome. I feared reactions to how I dealt with some of my past and I quickly found out that I wasn't the only one who'd done such. Nice to know you're not alone.

Welcome.

Hello there :flowers:

Welcome here to AS..We are a very compassionate and supportive community..Im glad you found us and are here with us..See ya around the boards :)

hugs graice

hi liesal!

welcome to AS. 2 months is a huge deal, that is awesome and you should be proud of yourself!

:wave: Hi again :hug::flowers:

Have already said hello but thought I would hi again :hug:

I think I already said everything that needs to be said, hehe, so I'll just say again that you can PM me anytime you want to ok :hug:

I'm here to help :flowers::flowers:

John

I think I already said everything that needs to be said, hehe, so I'll just say again that you can PM me anytime you want to ok :hug:

John

Hello,

Being optimistic is a good thing, well, we are all our own people. I'm glad that your husband is there for you, he sounds like a good man. I hope all is well and if you ever need someone to talk to, know I'm there!

I.

Good on yer john. I do love australia. It has a special place in my heart as it was my sanctuary and refuge after my rape. I went there for 3 years attended school for 1.5 years in adelaide and thr rest of my time was spent cooking around and through the continent. I miss it and I will always love it. Broome, great barrier reef, outback- the rock, tassie, perth, darwin, kunnanarra, flinders range and every place in between.

It saved my soul from withering. My rapes occurred in new york city. I can't think of one thing about new york that I like. I guess I got spoiled since I lived some years in paris prior to my go in New york.

Well, I have done a few post and am beginning to understand and navigate the sight. I have yet to tell my story. However, bits and pieces have been revealed. My rapist was a cunning predator who took advantage of a young vulnerable girl. Tortured as well, my body is still healing. Fortunately all the x-rays reveal strictly soft muscle and chronic postural muscle strain with heaps of inflammation- even 10 years after my last assault.

Still I am constantly getting stronger and better. I will heal my body physically, even if it takes another 10 years. As it is I have overcome about 65 percent or even more. The harshest pain is finally behind me. $

Anyway, I really hope now to begin to heal mentally. I know that I will never forget. I like the expression I read on this website- it was a time in my life, not my entire life.

See ya around john

Liesal

John

Good on yer john. I do love australia. It has a special place in my heart as it was my sanctuary and refuge after my rape. I went there for 3 years attended school for 1.5 years in adelaide and thr rest of my time was spent cooking around and through the continent. I miss it and I will always love it. Broome, great barrier reef, outback- the rock, tassie, perth, darwin, kunnanarra, flinders range and every place in between.

It saved my soul from withering. My rapes occurred in new york city. I can't think of one thing about new york that I like. I guess I got spoiled since I lived some years in paris prior to my go in New york.

Well, I have done a few post and am beginning to understand and navigate the sight. I have yet to tell my story. However, bits and pieces have been revealed. My rapist was a cunning predator who took advantage of a young vulnerable girl. Tortured as well, my body is still healing. Fortunately all the x-rays reveal strictly soft muscle and chronic postural muscle strain with heaps of inflammation- even 10 years after my last assault.

Still I am constantly getting stronger and better. I will heal my body physically, even if it takes another 10 years. As it is I have overcome about 65 percent or even more. The harshest pain is finally behind me. $

Anyway, I really hope now to begin to heal mentally. I know that I will never forget. I like the expression I read on this website- it was a time in my life, not my entire life.

See ya around john

Liesal