Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Good Day

Hello everyone,

I don't really know how to start, I've never been one to start conversations. More of a listener than a talker, kind of my downfall I'd say, should be a bit of both. Let's just say I'm sort of lost in what to do, I just want things to be normal and the feeling of disgust and shame to go. So, here it is, the moment of trying again.

Perhaps a lighter topic is better, how is everyone doing? Day been, and so forth?

Thank you.

I.

Hey 123456,

Welcome to AfterSilence :hug:

I can see you are feeling quiet nervous, please know this is quiet ok, and I was also very nervous when I first joined AS, and feeling nervous I think is something most survivors go through when they join AfterSilence, so if you want to just sit back and read for a little while until you feel comfortable writing things then that is absolutely fine. Please know that when you do feel you can start to write things we will be here and we will listen and support you :bighug:

I admire the courage that you are showing by introducing yourself here and I just want to say thankyou so much for that, it really is nice to get to know someone, and I am glad you have come here to AS for some healing from the experiences you have had, and please know I am so so sorry for what brings you here and please know it wasn't your fault and your not alone, we are here with you :hug:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :)

John :flowers:

Hi 123456, welcome to AS. I'm having a pretty good day, thank you! It's only 7:14am here, and my son decided he'd like to wake up at 6:30 instead of his usual 8, so this is me right now: :blink:

Anyhow, I'm really glad you joined AS, and I hope you'll find it to be a wonderful and supportive place for you. :hug:

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hello and welcome :flowers:

It's ok to feel quiet and nervous.

I'm more of a listener as well but as I got to feel more comfortable here I was able to talk more and more.

Take your time to settle in and I'm sure you'll find AS very comforting and supportive

:hug:

Hi 123456

Quiet is fine, take your time and settle in, we aren't going anywhere and we'll be here when you feel like you are able to talk.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything

take care of yourself

teazle

Hi and welcome to AS! its totally normal to feel lost and its more than ok to be quiet. we're here when you need us.

Hello there :)

welcome here to AS 123456..Im glad you found us hon..Take all the time you need and get comfortable here with us..Im glad your here hon..

hugs

graice