Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Little Me...

Aurelia

Hi,

I'm not sure really what to say about myself - I'm nothing special. I found this board through a friend of mine who used to be a member of another board. I have been looking for somewhere where I would feel more comfortable and am so glad that she told me about this board. It seems like such a supportive, loving, caring place.

Let's see...I guess the basics about me are: I'm 25 years old. I am currently in college pursuing my PhD in Curriculum and my elementary education certificate so that I can teach. I am the last of six children and am the proud aunt to 12 nieces and 4 nephews as well as 2 great nephews. :throb::bighug: As far as hobbies go, there are so many for me but my most consistent ones are: soccer(football), competitive artistic roller skating, reading, writing, coaching soccer and skating, and spending time with my husband. Speak of my husband, I failed to mention that I am very happily married to a wonderful man who I'll call Bri. We will have been married for one year on December 20th, 2004. I am extremely blessed to have him in my life and will be eternally grateful for all he does for me. I am sure you will hear about him very often as I tend to brag about him a lot. He also is such an important part of my life and healing.

As for what brought me here...please know that what I am about to say may trigger. I will place trigger warnings and end warning around that part of the post so that you may skip it if you wish.

My husband believes that I was ...... TRIGGER WARNING

*T*

sexually abused and he has even used the word torture (though I strongly disagree with the word choice of torture).

END TRIGGER

I am not sure that I can relinquish all fault for what happened to me. So, to me, the jury :hammer: is still out as to the terminology to use for what happened. I will post my story in the near future but just do not feel up to it tonight after a very bad past couple of days. I promise that I will do that though.

Well, I look forward to getting to know everyone. I hope that I did not ramble too much in this post. I'm not very good at talking about myself. :unsure:

Thank you for putting up with me!

Love,

Aurelia

Guest hurtingforever

Aurelia,

Welcome to AS sweetie. (I am only 18 but I call everyone sweetie hope you dont' mind) I hope you find everyone here as friendly and helpful as I do. These people here are such amazing friends.

Lindsay D

Welcome to AS Aurelia! THank you for sharing with us! I'm glad you found your way here, and i hope it's what you are looking for. :throb: We're here if you ever need anything. :hug:

love clarissa

Aurelia,

Welcome to AS. I hope that you're able to find support here. Excuse me while I put on my counselor face for a second lol.....

You said something that struck me....that you're no one special (paraphrase)....

But then you said something that exhibits that you're special...

I guess the basics about me are: I'm 25 years old. I am currently in college pursuing my PhD in Curriculum and my elementary education certificate so that I can teach. I am the last of six children and am the proud aunt to 12 nieces and 4 nephews as well as 2 great nephews. As far as hobbies go, there are so many for me but my most consistent ones are: soccer(football), competitive artistic roller skating, reading, writing, coaching soccer and skating, and spending time with my husband. Speak of my husband, I failed to mention that I am very happily married to a wonderful man who I'll call Bri. We will have been married for one year on December 20th, 2004. I am extremely blessed to have him in my life and will be eternally grateful for all he does for me. I am sure you will hear about him very often as I tend to brag about him a lot. He also is such an important part of my life and healing.

You're in college, you know the math....you're doing a great thing. Take care and keep in mind that you are unique and 'special.'

Nice to meet you,

Nick :hug:

Welcome to AS ... I am glad that you found us and I hope that we can help in some small way with your healing journey ... Don't worry about not feeling up to posting your story straight away, you would be surprised how common that is, just take your time, we all get there in the end .. Take care ... :hug:

welcome to the boards, post whenever you feel the need to

:hug::throb::hug:

Welcome to the forum

Let me just say that you are very special. It never ceases to amaze me how special we survivors really are. Just to survive what some of us have survived, and be able to function makes us special, but so many of us, like you, have done and are doing so much more. Recognize that strength that is within you, and acknowledge it. That same strength that enabled you to survive will enable you to heal. Hope you will let us help, hope we can be what you need when you need...Laray : :dance::wub::dance: wub:

:bighug: Everyone :bighug:

Thank you for your kind words. All of you seem so wonderful and I feel very thankful for finding my way here - Thank you flautist for sharing your knowledge of this group with me!

It is strange because I already feel so "at home" here. You have made me feel so welcomed and comfortable. Thank each of you for that!

(((((Hugs))))) to all who are okay with them. :hug:

Love,

Aurelia