Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hola Como Estas

:) My name is Margaret Mary, I'm an epileptic teenager and I come from an extremely Catholic household. My father molested me when I was a young kid, flashbacks around middle school, sent me into an awful depression.

Things are leveling out now, I ride horses, and take up numerous activities and projects to throw myself into...helps me not to get depressed.

I figure, hell if I don't think about it, it's all good.

I don't think that paragraph really made any sense.

Well, hello there!

Hi Margaret Mary,

I'm glad you've joined After Silence. I'm sorry your father hurt you so badly. :( I'm glad you're active in things that interest you to ward off depression. I hope you find AS to be a supportive, caring environment, in which you can interact with other survivors, who truly understand the aftermath of such crimes.

You're not alone, and you don't have to mask your pain here. We're here for you. I look forward to getting to know you. Take care. :hug:

It made complete sense hun :hug: I'm glad you found this site - it's a wonderful and supportive place to talk, vent, fall over, and stand back up again. :flowers:

Edited by butterflyinreverse

im sorry for what you have been through but im glad you found us here :)

welcome!!

Margaret Mary,

:aswelcomesu:

I am sorry for the circumstances that led you here but I'm glad that you found your way here to AS. Take your time and look around and I'm sure that you will be feeling at home in no time. There are so many great people here who will care about you and support you. Please take good care of your. I hope to see you around the board.

:hug::luck::hug::luck::hug:

Hey Margaret,

I can totally relate to what you are saying, distraction can often be a good form of defense, however sometimes we do need to try and heal from what we have experienced, and distraction sometimes has to be thrown out the window to be able to heal from what we have been through. Although as you said distraction does have alot of ups, :) and alot of the time is a good way to coap :hug:

I'm glad that you have come here, this is a safe place where you can start to open up about what happened to you in a supportive environment :bighug: and yes your paragraph made alot of sense, I am also a teenager, and also get depression from time to time so I understand how hard it can be, but AS is a wonderful place for support and healing, and a place where people do understand :tealribbon:

I look forward to getting to know you better soon and I hope that I can help in your healing :flowers: Take gentle care,

John

Hi Margaret Mary, and welcome to AS

Don't worry, you made perfect sense. And its nice to meet a fellow horserider. I used horses as a way of coping with what was happening to me, and now I work with them! So I definitely understand the distraction tactics.

take care of yourself

teazle

Hey I just wanted to offer you welcome here on AS! I hope that you find yourself at home in no time here! I think your paragraph makes complete sense though! :flower: Look forward to seeing you on the board! Lots of hugs! If ok

With Love,

Wishin

Hi!

Welcome to AS :flowers:!

I'm so sorry for what you have experienced!

I hope you will feel at home here soon!

Best wishes,

Holly :luck: