Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kim Alisa and this site was found for me by a counselor I am seeing. I am hesitant to post but will give it a try. I am 50 years old and have not alot of memory I can share about past. WE have been able to find proof and witnesses to a variety of kinds of abuse. I have no family support so am trying to build up a support team. I am hoping this can be part of that support.

Thank You

KimAlisa

Hi KimAlisa,

I'm glad you've joined After Silence. It's cool that your counselor found it, and passed it on to you. I hope you find it to be helpful, and supportive. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. Take care, and see you around the site. :hug:

Welcome KimAlisa :hi:

I have no family support too, so I can understand how hard that is!...but you've got a very good counselor who guided you here which will help you find all the support and comfort you need here at AS!

Sorry for what happened to you and what you are going through!...good reading here at As and I am looking forward to reading you. :tealribbon:

Oh hun, I'm so sorry you have no family support. I'm also sorry for what you went through that brought you here, but you're definitely in the right place. :bighug:

Kim Alisa,

:aswelcomesu:

I am sorry for the circumstances that have led you here but I'm glad that you found your way to AS. I know that as you look around, you will find that you are amongst friends who can understand a lot of the things you are going through. There is an endless variety of stories here but we can all share one thing in common...we were all abused and we are merely trying to figure out how to get through it. Give yourself some time to look around...I'm sure that you will be feeling at home in no time. Take good care of yourself.

:hug::luck::hug::luck::hug:

Hi KimAlisa and welcome to AS

I'm sorry you have no IRL support but hopefully we can provide some online support for you. I'm glad your therapist found this place for you.

feel free to PM me if you need anything

take care of yourself

teazle

Hi KimAlisa!

Welcome to AS :flowers:!

I hope you will feel at home soon!

Best wishes,

Holly :luck: