Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Privacy

Hi fall! :)

I would have to say that in my opinion, there is no guarantee that anything you say online is going to be kept private. It is posted in chat guidelines as well as site rules that anything exchanged within the site is subject to search should the administration feel the need to do so in order to protect the members of the site. Chats are logged, transcripts reviewed whenever there is a complaint, and anything posted becomes viewable by others permitted access within the specific forum.

At any rate, my friend, if you are not viewed as a threat to anyone else's safety or well being, then I would assume that there is no reason to fear for your privacy here at AS.

Hope this helps to ease your mind a little.

Hugs!

Cap

Hi fall,

You may wish to review the Rules & Guidelines forum for information on privacy and internet safety in general. There are a few threads that have been posted that you may find helpful with your questions.

A note to all members, everyone should be familiar with the rules and guidelines of this board, as membership here is contingent upon understanding and following them.

Hi fall! :)

I would have to say that in my opinion, there is no guarantee that anything you say online is going to be kept private. It is posted in chat guidelines as well as site rules that anything exchanged within the site is subject to search should the administration feel the need to do so in order to protect the members of the site. Chats are logged, transcripts reviewed whenever there is a complaint, and anything posted becomes viewable by others permitted access within the specific forum.

At any rate, my friend, if you are not viewed as a threat to anyone else's safety or well being, then I would assume that there is no reason to fear for your privacy here at AS.

Hope this helps to ease your mind a little.

Hugs!

Cap

Yes I am aware of that Cap it wasn't really the question.

Thanks

Sorry I guess I always thought this site was private and that is why we were members and basically "what happens in vegas stays in vegas"

Never mind

Sorry I guess I always thought this site was private and that is why we were members and basically "what happens in vegas stays in vegas"

Never mind

Hey fall,

Of course everyone here at AS takes the privacy of all our member seriously, I remember recently when I got "leave of absence" from my workplace at first I was going to resign, so I posted my resignation letter on AS, but I didn't back out my address, phone number, full name etc. So Lindy being mindful of my safety removed it and sent me a PM saying why she did and that she worries about the safety of all the members, and I am very thankful she did, when I posted the letter I was abit emotional and wasn't think about my safety on the internet so it was very good to have Lindy look out for my safety like that, so it is quiet clear to me that all the moderators and AS team members care for members safety and privacy of everyone here, however because AS is such an opon community and no checks are done on members before they join, so for the safety of all members we have the Sharing Personal Information And Internet Safety guidelines which explains the guidelines that are put in-place to protect your privacy and safety.

There is no other way the safety of everyone here can be ensured, to of course this is paramount to everyone here I am sure :flowers:

I hope this helps answer your question

John :hug:

U have to be so careful on the internet you have no idea who is out there. Unfortunatly the internet has some very unscrupelous people that use it. Also it can be used in a positive way, but u still have to be careful

U have to be so careful on the internet you have no idea who is out there. Unfortunatly the internet has some very unscrupelous people that use it. Also it can be used in a positive way, but u still have to be careful

The internet is a wonderful positive tool, however it does have an anominity about it which in some circumstances make it very unsafe, so talking messures to ensure that your privacy remains intact is paramount. Please remember we don't have any of the rules here at aftersilence because we want to try and put extra burden the member of our wonderful community, they are there in-fact to ensure you remain safe. It's because the moderators and team members care about you very much so that we do everything we can to make this place as nice a place as possible and keep this place as safe as possible, this is why the moderators have these guidelines. It's infact because they do care, and as lucy said there are unscrupelous people on the internet, and all the mods and team members do the best we can to protect those we care about so much, the members of our AS family, everyone here, from these unsrupelous people :flowers:

It's because we love you all :throb:, I know personally I do and I believe all the AS team members and staff do :)

I hope this helps :tealribbon: