Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm Not Sure If Men Belong Here

Caleb,

Welcome. Yes you belong. If you're a survivor or a secondary survivor (friend, partner or family member of a survivor), then you belong here whenever and for as long as you want to be here. There are other men here, and there are private forums for men and women who want to share in a gender-separate space. This is your space to listen and talk about whatever you need to, and to get the support you need and share your wisdom, experience, hope and pain. We are here.

TS

:wave:

Hi caleb...

We are glad to have you here... I hope you look around. You will find other men here and a lot of support.

:flowers:

I think it's important to have men here. I don't want this to turn into a male bashing site which is so easy to do because a lot of us were hurt by men but there are men out there who were hurt by men or women or their partners were. It's important to remember that I think.

Anyway, welcome. :hug:

Welcome Caleb,

I'm John *Virtual Handshake* :)

I am a male survivor here, and I just want to say of course men belong here, if your a survivor then you belong here, we don't descriminate against any survivor for any social, racial, sexual or gender issues at all here, so please know you are very much welcomed here, I can say having been a male survivor and part of the AS community for some time here, the survivors here are very accepting here of all survivors.

I am glad that you have come here, and that you have decided to start you healing here at AS, it is a step in the right direction for you, I am sorry for what has brought you here, however I am glad that you have come here, any please know that you can heal from what you have been through :tealribbon: and I have found AS has been a major part of my own healing, simply because of the supportive nature of everyone here.

I look forward to seeing more of you on AS soon, and I hope I can help in your healing.

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :hug:

John :)

:flowers: Welcome to AS , caleb, of course you belong here!!! Sadly sexual abuse/r*pe/violence does not discriminate between the sexes, so therefore, neither should sites for healing and support.

You will find there are quite a few men here, slightly outnumbered by the ladies , but thats okay!! We are all in this together, so I hope you settle in and make some friends soon.

PM any time,

take care, Paula :flowers::tealribbon:

Hello there caleb , as a male survivor , please let me assure you , this is a good place to be ! We are a mixed bag , but fierously supportive of each other !!

Ps there is a male forumn if needed !

Take care G!

hi caleb im a guy too and ive been here for 2 months nearly. I havegraduly begun to find a little comfort from the darkness in my past and i look forward to healing from all that one day.. you have made a big step inthe right direction by looking for help and getting past the denial stage,...

Welcome to AS and i hope that you will feel at home here soon.. :hug:

Hi Caleb and welcome to AS!! :flowers:

I am sorry for what has brought you here, but am glad that you have found this site. You do belong here and you will find that everyone here is accepted and supported.

I hope you feel at home here soon and find some understanding and support,

Take care,

:luck:

Skye.

Hi Caleb

Welcome to AS. Everyone who needs support, is a survivor or a secondry survivor is welcome regardless of gender. take gentle care and I hope this website can be of help to you.

Lucy :bighug: :bighug:

Hi Caleb,

I'm sorry for what has brought you here, but you are very welcome. Come on it and make yourself at home; we are happy to have you.

:aswelcomesu:

Hi Caleb and welcome to AS

Men definitely belong here.......we do not discrimate against ANYONE for any reason. I hope that we can help you heal.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything

take care of yourself

teazle

Hi Caleb,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

Hun, I'm sorry for what you went through that made you join us, please know it's not your fault, and that you can heal. It will take time, and a lot of hard work, but it can be done, it's not impossible. Take all the time you need to look around and get to know us, I'm sure you'll find lots here you can relate to. You will alo find that there are quite a few male survivors here, and that we mingle, and support all survivors here. It's great to have you with us!! We're here for you. :)

Feel free to ask questions if you have any, ok?

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Caleb, this is the most supportive group I've found for men. You are most definitely welcome and belong here. It makes me so angry that so many places regard rape as a female only issue. I haven't found that here.

A&A

P.S. Saltywaters, the person above my post is the best. She is one of the most caring people I've ever encountered. Just don't tell her I said that, she might get a big head or something. And Salty, if you read this don't tell yourself what you read that I said. Hey, shame on you I said don't tell. I knew you couldn't keep it a secret. Hmph.

Ok, putting the crazy to bed now, don't mind me.

Hi, caleb,

I'm another one of the men on here. This is as good a group as I've found. Many supportive people.

Welcome,

Ken