Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm New Here.

I'm a 51yo survivor of SA, and have only in the past few years realized the impact of my childhood experiences on my entire life. I'm in therapy, and have worked on many issues and I've healed tremendously over the past few years.

I'm also the mother of a son who is almost 27 years old, and is living overseas right now, spreading his wings, and getting away from the people and places here that he needs to get away from. It's a long story, but he barely got past a two year probation for what could have been 5 years in prison, and relocated in April. I dearly love him, and pray constantly that he will take control of his life in a better way.

I also had a little girl, who lived for 11 years, she was born with severe Cerebral Palsy. She was and still is, my angel. She 'graduated' to Heaven 15 years ago in November.

Thanks for being here, and I'll see you around!

Blessings to you all,

AngelkeeperJ :wave:

(((((((((((Angel)))))))))))

Thanks for sharing about yourself. It's so refreshing to see how you love and care about your children. I have never heard it put that way before (graduated to Heaven), and I love it! I've lost a sister not long ago, and thinking of it this way helps tremendously, so thank you. :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you over time, and have to admit that I already like you hehe (embarrassed). I'm glad you've chosen to walk beside us (here at AS) in your healing. Take care, and I'll see you around the site. :):hug:

I'm a 51yo survivor of SA, and have only in the past few years realized the impact of my childhood experiences on my entire life. I'm in therapy, and have worked on many issues and I've healed tremendously over the past few years.

I'm also the mother of a son who is almost 27 years old, and is living overseas right now, spreading his wings, and getting away from the people and places here that he needs to get away from. It's a long story, but he barely got past a two year probation for what could have been 5 years in prison, and relocated in April. I dearly love him, and pray constantly that he will take control of his life in a better way.

I also had a little girl, who lived for 11 years, she was born with severe Cerebral Palsy. She was and still is, my angel. She 'graduated' to Heaven 15 years ago in November.

Thanks for being here, and I'll see you around!

Blessings to you all,

AngelkeeperJ :wave:

Hi Angelkeeper

I just joined as well. You have had quite a life and I was sorry to read about your daughter passing and the trouble your son has had.

In only the past few months I have started to realize the negative impact the abuse during my childhood has caused. I am happy for you that you have made so much progress during the past few years. I only talked with a therapist two times about it and no one else knows (except my brother, the abuser).

Your children have a wonderful, strong Mom. Blessings to your baby girl.

All the best,

Hi Angelkeeper,

Welcome to AS!! :flowers:

I hope that you feel at home here soon. I am sorry for what has brought you here but admire your courage in wanting to heal from your childhood. It is difficult to look back and realise the impact that it can have.

I love your username and admire the way that you talk about your children and I hope that you can find some support and healing here.

Take care,

Skye.

Thank you so much, (((lacrymosa))) I'm happy to be able to help you think differently about your sister's 'graduation'...I'm so sorry for your loss. It is my belief that when our loved ones go onto Heaven, it IS a graduation of sorts. They've lived the life they were meant to live, and remain in our hearts forever. They are forever healed of any pain or sorrow or afflictions they lived with here.

I am the person I am today as a result of my sorrows, and along the way I've learned what true unconditional love is. I'm working on loving myself....something I think all survivors struggle with.

(((apple81)))Thank you for your sweet comments! My older brother was my abuser as well, and we are 'preacher's kids' and I think that made it worse. I finally told my therapist about 5 years ago, and we've done lots of work on my feelings.

(((bluesky))) Thanks for the welcome! I've collected angels since my little one and that's where I got the name. I also adore babies and kids, and enjoy babysitting when I can.

Blessings to you all, and see ya around!

hi angelkeeper, i can feel the pain in your words and my heart goes out to you,, its so refreshing to here that your daughter has graduated to heaven.. one day we will all graduate to heaven and will be at peace with no more of the abuse and hate eva. and no more tears....just love

i hope you feel at home here soon and be able to talk about whatever it was that brought you here..

we are all supportive here,,,

take gentle care :bighug:

Welcome to AS!

Thank you for sharing about yourself and I am so sorry for the pain you have been going through. It is great to have you here, though!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!

Best wishes for your healing journey,

Holly :luck:

Hi angelkeeper and welcome to AS

I'm so sorry for what you've been through, but please know that even through your introduction, you come across as an amazingly strong and loving people. I'm really glad that you've joined here and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything

take care of yourself

teazle

Hi AngelkeeperJ,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

I am so sorry for all you went through as a child, as well as for losing your daughter.... These are tough things to deal with, and I like the "graduation" too. :) That's a wonderful way of looking at it. There's a lot of members here that are healing from csa so I'm sure you'll find lots to relate to here. Take all the time you need, hun, there's no rush here. It's great to have you with us! :)

Feel free to ask questions if you have any, ok?

:hug: = if ok??

Jo