Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello-

An online friend told me about this site. She said it might be good to see that others may be dealing with a situation like mine. I have never told anyone about anything that is going on in my life except for her and I really dont know her either but when I told her or actually emailed it to her I felt like a little of the weight was lifted off me. So she thought this site might be good for me.

She is trying to get me to contact RAINN but I have not yet. I have a lot to lose if I call as I am sure many of you do.

I am not sure what to do from here but I hope I can get some suggestions on what I should do with my crazy world...

Ugh I guess I will have to tell my story...

Thanks for listening!

Edited by TerribleBeauty

Terriblebeauty,

:aswelcomesu:

I am sorry for whatever circumstances brought you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. I hope that you will be feeling at home here in no time. Take your time and look around and I'm sure that you will see that there are tons of people who you have a lot in common with. It can be a little scary at first but I assure you that everyone here is very supportive. Take care of yourself.

:hug::luck::hug::luck::hug:

Hi TB,

I'm glad you took your friends advice and joined After Silence. This is a kind and caring community, and I hope you find plenty of comfort and support here. Breaking your silence is no easy task, and I commend you for taking that step. Feel free to take your time, and look around. There is no rush in sharing your story, and it's completely optional, based solely on your comfort.

If you have any questions, or just want someone to talk to, don't hesitate to send me a message on the site. Take care. :hug::)

Welcome to AS :hi:

I'm sorry for what must have brought you here, but I'm glad that you found AS. Everyone here is wonderfully supportive and understanding. Sharing your story is totally optional, I recommend taking it slow. You don't have to post anything that you're not ready to.

take care :console:

Welcome TerribleBeauty,

I am glad someone shared our community with you. Thank you for joining with us. I look forward to getting to know you as you become comfortable with sharing and giving voice to what you have endured.

I have gone online with RAINN before. The counselor listened as I explained my circumstances and the emotional turmoil I was in. It truly helped me at a point of minor crisis as I dealt with what I had gone through. Perhaps, on-line chat with them would be more comfortable for you. It is confidential, and you avoid having to speak personally with someone, which I think, sometimes makes it less threatening to share. In fact, the first contact that I had with my counselor was actually through e-mail, because I was to afraid to pick up the phone and reach out for help.

Be strong and do reach out when you are ready. As you said

when I told her ...I felt like a little of the weight was lifted off me.

Gentle hugs and once again, welcome

:yahoo:Yahoo, :aswelcomesu: !

:hug: We love :wub: you and are glad you've found AfterSilence!

:notalone:
Edited by sisterinsurvival

Hi TerribleBeauty,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It's great to have you with us, hun. This is a very supportive and caring community, and I'm sure you'll find lots of understanding, validation and support here. I am sorry for what you went through and are going through that made you join us, but I'm glad your friend told you about us and that you came over and joined.

Take all the time you need to look around and get to know us. Telling your story is not a must, if you want to you can, and if you don't want to, that's ok too. No rush here, hun, and no "have to" either. You can just be you, and you don't have to go through all this alone, we're here for you! :)

Feel free to ask questions if you have any, ok?

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

[edit for typo]

Edited by Saltywaters

I went into the "share my story" section and after reading how supportive everyone seemed to be and how fast I really need to take action in my life I put my story there... Its so much easier telling people who might know what I am going through and that I dont feel will judge me. Thank you for the support that I am feeling after only being here for a few hours... I just hope this courage stays with me.

Welcome to AS!

I'm sorry for what brought you here but I am glad you found us. You will find lots of support!!

Best wishes for your healing journey,

Holly :luck:

This is only day 2 here for me and I can tell you it really has made a diff for me. I hope you can find some peace here. Everyone is so warm and kind... you will see.

Take care... we will get through this. :flowers:

I just wanted to welcome you to AS!  I am sorry that you have a reason to be here but I am glad that you have joined us.  I am sure you will feel right at home in no time.  Everyone here is so supportive and I hope that you find what you are looking for here. 

:hug:  :aswelcomesu:  :notalone: