Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Saying Hi

Hi, my name is Eva, and I am 22 years old. After reading around the boards a little bit since joining my story seems so insignificant. So many people have been through so much more! I am a survivor (not sure if I agree with that term yet) of date rape at age 18. It's something that goes with me each and every day, everywhere I go. I've talked to many friends about this, but it never seems to help because I don't feel like they understand. When I came across this board I thought it might be a place where people would understand.

Hi Eva,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It's great to have you with us, hun, and I am sure you'll find loads here you can relate to. This is a caring and supportive community, and we validate experiences here..... No experience on this subject is insignificant hun, trauma is trauma. I am so sorry you had to go through that, and pls know this is not your fault, at all... Date rape is serious... Traumas like this do throw your life upside down, and it can be so very painful... You don't have to go through this alone, hun, we're here for you all the way! :flowers:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any, ok?

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Hi-de-ho :)

Welcome to a group that i have found to be wonderful in the last week that i've been here. Hope you find the same good support that I have.....and hope to get to know u better...*hugs*

Amanda

Welcome and take care we are all here to help you! You are just as important as everyone else here, none of us think anyones story is insignificant. Hope to chat and help you in the future.

Gentle hugs :hug: :hug:

Welcome to AS!

Your story is not insignificant and be assured that no one here will judge you in that way. We all know how much damage it causes. I hope you will feel at home here soon and will find some help.

Best wishes for your healing journey,

Holly :luck:

Hey hon

Welcome to AS we are an awesomely supportive group...Im glad you found us while at the same time sorry for what youve been through that has brought you here..Noones history/story is insignificant..Your trauma has affected your life just like everyone elses...

big hugs

grai