Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

<--newbie

Hi all, :)

I joined yesterday but wanted to look around and post stuff to see what it was like before I posted an actual hello. I have never been apart of an online anything before so this is pretty new for me. In about a month I am moving pretty far away from my current place of residence to go to a new school and will be losing quite a chunk of my face to face support, friends/family. I decided to check out if there were any f2f group therapy things (even though I have never done that either) in my new town and somehow I ended up with the link to this website and thought I would see how an online group is.

I posted a couple of things and I felt pretty understood.. which is pretty different and awesome. I think I will stick around here for awhile. It feels good to feel like others kinda get me and where I am coming from.

My name is Kate and I like to run A LOT. I also like to surf, snowboard, read, and do research. I have a pretty convoluted, weird, and messed up past but have been in therapy forever and am pretty open with most of my stuff. I definitely still have some kinks in my thinking and behavior that stem from my past crap that I am working on. I do have a lot of hope for my healing and am excited for my future. Look forward to sharing and getting to know you guys.

Thanks for reading,

Kate

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

Edited by sisterinsurvival

Hi Kate,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It's great to have you with us, hun, and I'm sure you'll find loads of support, care and validation here. I am sorry for what you went through that brought you here, pls know it's not your fault, and that you can heal. I am glad you have been able to change things for the better! Take all the time you need to get to know us, and I am looking forward to getting to know you. :)

Feel free to ask questions if you have them, ok?

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

welcome to AS

:)

Hi Kate!!

Welcome to AS!

It's great that you have hope - keep it! You sound like your life is quite full and active, which is great! Moving away can be scary, I did that about a year ago and found AS for reasons similar to yours. However, I hope that you will settle in your new place quickly and make new friends. In the meantime, I am sure you will make some here.

Best wishes for your healing journey,

Holly :luck:

Hi Kate and welcome to AS

I'm glad that you have felt able to post about some things and have had a good reception, and that you've decided to stick around. I hope that you continue to feel comfortable here.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything

take care of yourself

teazle

Hi,

Thank you everybody for all the welcomes. I am really happy that I discovered this place. :)

Hi Kate and welcome to AS! :flowers:

I met you in chat, but wanted to say once again, welcome to AS. I hope that we chat again soon.

I love to run as well and have done a bit of surfing!

I am sorry for what brings you here, but I know that you will meet some lovely people and find a caring and supportive community.

Take care Kate,

:hug:

Skye.

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I hope to see you around the boards. Take care.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Hey hon

Welcome to AS we are an awesomely supportive group...Im glad you found us while at the same time sorry for what youve been through that has brought you here..Thanks for sharing yourself with us :)

big hugs

graice

Thank you all so much. :) I look forward to getting to know you!

Hi all, :)

I joined yesterday but wanted to look around and post stuff to see what it was like before I posted an actual hello. I have never been apart of an online anything before so this is pretty new for me. In about a month I am moving pretty far away from my current place of residence to go to a new school and will be losing quite a chunk of my face to face support, friends/family. I decided to check out if there were any f2f group therapy things (even though I have never done that either) in my new town and somehow I ended up with the link to this website and thought I would see how an online group is.

I posted a couple of things and I felt pretty understood.. which is pretty different and awesome. I think I will stick around here for awhile. It feels good to feel like others kinda get me and where I am coming from.

My name is Kate and I like to run A LOT. I also like to surf, snowboard, read, and do research. I have a pretty convoluted, weird, and messed up past but have been in therapy forever and am pretty open with most of my stuff. I definitely still have some kinks in my thinking and behavior that stem from my past crap that I am working on. I do have a lot of hope for my healing and am excited for my future. Look forward to sharing and getting to know you guys.

Thanks for reading,

Kate

Hi Kate,

I'm new as well and wish you all the best with your healing!

I always felt as though I was the only one who had a messed up past and very serious "kinks" in my thinking and behaviour.

Stay strong,

Kelly