Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey childlikehope,

welcome to AS! I'm sorry for what happened to you and your sister, but I am glad you found us. You will find kindness and support here in a safe environment. Take your time to have a look around the board. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!

Best wishes for your healing journey,

Holly :luck:

Hi Lisa,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

I'm sorry for all you and your sister went through, and it's surely understandable that it's a struggle for you. I am glad you have found us, hun, this is a caring and supportive community, and I'm sure you'll find loads here you can relate to. Take all the time you need to look around and get to know us.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any, ok?

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

I do have a question.

I know you have a place for family/loved ones of survivors, but who are not survivor's themselves. I don't feel comfy asking for advise there because I have differing issues I'm struggling with, even if some may be similar... and I likely won't say all but I hope to find others that just kinda know. Where would be the place to try to talk to others who may have someone very dear to them struggling as well? I posted in a psychological well being thread, but I feel it really wasn't the right place either. If any know it and can move it to the right place, I'd be grateful.

Thank you all for being so kind and welcoming.

I do have a question.

I know you have a place for family/loved ones of survivors, but who are not survivor's themselves. I don't feel comfy asking for advise there because I have differing issues I'm struggling with, even if some may be similar... and I likely won't say all but I hope to find others that just kinda know. Where would be the place to try to talk to others who may have someone very dear to them struggling as well? I posted in a psychological well being thread, but I feel it really wasn't the right place either. If any know it and can move it to the right place, I'd be grateful.

Thank you all for being so kind and welcoming.

Hi Lisa,

The forum "Secondary Survivors" is actually the right place for the post and question you have.... Secondary Survivors have limited access to the forums, so they would not be able to respond to you if you post in private forums they have no access to.

There are of course other survivors as well that struggle with the struggle of someone close to them. They can reply in every forum. :)

Hope this helped. :)

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Edited by Saltywaters

Hi Lisa,

I just wanted to welcome to AS and hope that you feel at home and get the suport you need here! I am sorry to hear of your struggle but I wanted you to know that we are all supportive and encouraging here. Glad you have found us and you are joining our family!

With Love,

Wishin

Hey Lisa

Welcome to AS we are an awesomely supportive group...Im glad you found us while at the same time sorry for what youve been through that has brought you here..Im glad your here

big hugs

graice