Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hmmmmmmmm......hello I Think.....

Hello everyone,

My name is Amanda, I am 26 and have been trying to heal for several years now, but still feel like I have no control over my life. :533: Nothing is where I want it to be.......I'm also very nervous about being here, and up till today I had only been in the "silly" folder.....

Well hope all is well and its nice meeting you all!

Amanda :blush:

Thanks gals for the welcome. I'm hoping it gets easier with time...being a survivor was easy for awhile there, thought I had it all under control. The last few months though its all crashing back around me..

Hi luseal,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It's ok to be nervous about being here, hun... It is a very hard topic, and very hard to talk about or share about with others. Take all the time you need to get to know us, ok? There's no rush, hun, you can go at your own pace. I'm sorry you've been struggling so much lately.... It will get better in time, hun, but it does take a while and it takes hard work. The good news is that you don't have to go through all this alone, we are here for you!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any, ok?

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Hi!

Welcome to AS! It is very understandable that you are nervous and I am very sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment. Take your time to get comfy with this place. No one is putting any pressure on you! I am looking forward to getting to know you better!

Best wishes for your healing journey,

Holly :luck:

Thanks Holly and Jo,

I am starting to feel a lil more comfortable with each post.

I thought I was almost done with the healing process, but maybe there is no actual end and maybe i was a lil more in denial than I wanted to admitt....but as holly's side bar say's..one day at a time :) And I am glad I found you all......even if I find it sad that there are so many other survivors out there.....Sometimes I wish I was alone in the battle, because it would of ment no one eles got hurt.....

Off to try and get another hr or two of sleep before the next time I wake up...

p.s. hugs are always accepted, and sometimes needed! *hugs to all who need and/or want them*

Hey Amanda :hug:

Welcome to AfterSilence :tealribbon:

It's absolutely fine to feel nervous and abit worried about being here at first, but please know the people here are absolutely lovely, and really do care about there fellow ASers, and I am sure that you will fit in here and will gain lots of support here :)

The humour and sillyness section is a great place to start off if you feel nervousso your already doing the right thing :)

I look forward to getting to know you more soon, and I hope I can help in your healing, feel free to PM me anytime :bighug:

Take gentle care,

John :flowers:

hi and welcome! :flowers:

i'm so glad that you are here with us. it's okay to be nervous. i think most of us here were very nervous when we first found this site. this is an awesome group of people and i'm sure you will feel at home very soon. please let us know if there is anything you need. remember you are not alone and healing is possible!! :hug:

Jill

Hey Amanda

Welcome to AS we are an awesomely supportive group...Im glad you found us while at the same time sorry for what youve been through that has brought you here..We were all new once hon..It gets easier :)

big hugs

graice

• 2 weeks later...