Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introduce Myself

Guest mommy

Hi, Just found this site, I'm supposed to be recovering from abuse. I am not sure what to do or how to feel.

My husband and I went for marriage counselling and we learned I was'nt really functioning at the level I should be.

I questioned everything, but it i s true the memories are effecting everyday life. Damn them!

Hi mommy - Welcome to AS. I have found everyone here to be very supportive and I hope you find that too. Take it easy on yourself - there is no right or wrong way to feel and however you are is how you are in that moment - I think that makes sense but sorry if it doesn't!!!

Memories are the bane of all of our lives - just be assured you do not have to be alone with whatever it is that is effecting our life right now. We are here to listen, support and give whatever helpwe can.

Take care of yourself

Sonic xx

:hug::hug:

Hi again!!! :)

Did find your message so what you did was right :up:

Quick info for you - to reply to a post just click on 'add reply' and type msg then click on 'add reply' again. To insert smilies just click on the one you want. If you want to send a personal message to someone you click on the PM icon at the bottom of the message of which ever person you want to contact.

Hope this makes some sort of sense!! :up:

The more you use the site, the more used you'll get to how it works - at least I hope you do. I know I only joined a couple of weeks ago but I seem to just about have got the hang of it now :dance::dance:

Take Care hon

Sonic xx

:inn: Hi Mommy,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are having a hard time right now. I am so sorry. This is a good place to be. Sometimes it helps to be able to express what you are feeling without anybody criticizing, or discounting your feelings, including yourself. Here you can feel free to read, and you are not pressured to write, or express. We are all here for you, and I hope you will be feeling better soon. :hug::wub::greet::throb:

welcome to the boards, love and hugs, :throb::hug::throb:

Welcome to AS .... I found that when I started using this site I was very unsure of what to do, but there always seems to be some kind person ready to try and point you in the right direction if you need help ... Sorry to hear that your memory of what happened is causing you such problems at the moment, I think almost everybody on this site can relate to that in one way or another ... just take your time, post as and when you want, this is a lovely group of people and I hope being part of this family can help you on your healing journey .. :hug:

:throb::throb::throb: Thank you all so very much for hearing me ,I'm not sure who to trust and where to turn. I do feel safe here, no one is critical. You have been so loving and accepting that I feel so fortunate to have found this place.

I am justa bit scared to let these things surface. I can't say thanks enough ladies. :throb::throb::throb:

Kerri-Ann,

Welcome to After Silence. I hope you find support and encouragement here as I have.

Hugs,

Lindy

Welcome!!

Look at you already getting the hang of it with the hearts and such...

Feel free to talk about anything at anytime...There is always someone here to listen.

:hug::hug::hug:

Baillie