Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Joined

Hi Everyone,

I just joined tonight and am a bit befuddled.

One - I am feeling quite ancient and two - I am finding that I know nothing about how to use a message board.

That said - I don't know quite how to introduce myself as I no longer know who I am.

I was 55 years old. I was a widow. My children were grown, educated and on their own. I had an executive position with a good firm. I took my dog for our usual walk and woke up in the hospital. It took 18 months to take care of the more serious physical problems and I have been in and out of therapy for 4 1/2 years.

I can't seem to find myself and for the first time in my life I know fear. I know I can't go back but I can't seem to move forward. I don't know where I fit.

Obviously, I am a troubled soul in search of answers.

Samantha Sue

My heart has broken a thousand times tonight as I read some of the postings. So many of you ladies are/were so very young. I feel guilty that I had so many wonderful years before this happened. I know there is goodness out there for you all. I did experience it even if I can no longer see it for myself. Bless you all.

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS I am quite ancient too!! And any problems you have finding your way around the message board don't hesitate to ask.

We have an excellent newbie support team and one of them will contact you shortly and will be able to answer any questions you might have.

Take care

karen

Hi SamanthaSue,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

I am so sorry for what you went through, hun. It certainly does throw your whole life upside down and it's so hard to get through this. I can relate to being seriously injured and waking up in the hospital, I'm sorry you've been there too..... :console:

Don't worry about not knowing how the board works. We have the Newbie Support Team set up especially for this sort of thing. Feel free to ask any question you might have ok? I will also send you a PM (PrivateMessage) with some pointers as well.

The ages here range from 14 to whatever.... There's more people here that are way over the teen years. :) I am 42 myself. This is a caring and supportive community, and I am sure you'll find lots of stuff you can relate to. It's great to have you with us, hun.

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

:wave: :wave: Hi SamanthaSue

Welcome here to AS..Im so glad you found us and so very sorry for the horrific life changing trauma youve been through...We are a very caring bunch of folks...Im glad your with us hon...Im an older survivor too so your not alone there :)

Im glad your here with us :)

hugs to you

graice

Welcome :flowers:

I am 17 and a survivor, I like this board as everyone of all ages comes, and it says alot :)

PM me anytime, sorry for what you have been through :hug:

Jade

Thank you one and all for reaching out.

I keep reading and reading all the stories and messages and am in awe.

I don't seem to be able to unblock my emotions. I tend to deal in facts. I define the facts, confront them and research them. At this stage I could write a book on Post Traumatic Stress. It has helped me to educate my family but has probably has done them more good than it has done me.

I should tell you I am also a cancer survivor and I did the same thing when I was diagnosed.

I dealt with my husband's accidental death and my cancer. I am finding this much more difficult.

Ironically, my husband was a lawyer so I knew what was required to prosecute the monster that attacked me. Additionally, since I was discovered by the police and taken to the hospital, all of the evidence was properly secured. The DNA is in the data bank. But it has been 4 1/2 years and we have no clues as to his identity. I want justice. But for me to get that justice he has to be caught doing this to another woman. I cannot bear that thought. So I remain conflicted and angry that he is enjoying life as I try to find mine.

:hug: (My first little symbol - if I did it right)

SS

Welcome SS,

I am glad that you are here and have shared a piece of your story with us. I am so sorry to hear about the trauma you have endured. I hope you find comfort in AS and know that we are all here and support you.

:flowers:

HI! :flowers:

I am so glad that you are here with us!! i know the board can be kind of confusing at first but we are here to help you!!! don't ever hesistate to ask any question that you may have!! I am so so sorry for what you went through. you are definitely not alone! we are always only a click away!! i will talk to you soon!! :hug:

Jill

Hi SamanthaSue and welcome to AS

I'm so sorry you've been through what you have, but I know that you will find help and support here in the bucketload. And yes, you did the symbol right, give yourself a pat on the back :) )

Feel free to PM me if you need anything

take care of yourself

teazle

Hello and Welcome Samantha

I know i'm a little late, but I just want to say, way to go. You have been through some crap, and through it all ur standing, and determined. Don't lose that fight.

:butterfly: