Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

*waves*

I am new. I found this site while doing research for a paper for school. I decided to join. I read some people's stories and even wrote something of my own down.

I figured I could give a proper introduction. :blush:

I am 25 years old, live in the northeastern US. I'm graduating with a bachelor's degree in psychology in less than 3 weeks. I live by myself, with my dog. I don't have much contact with any of my family, my adopted family or my biological family.

I have been in therapy for.....oh, a million years. :wink: I spent a lot of time in and out of hospitals as a teenager and finally had a really good experience in a residential treatment program when I was 17.

I won't talk about anything important here. Did that in the 'share your story' section and will not go into it right now.

I carry a bunch of diagnoses, take meds, go to therapy, go to school, and will be starting a social work job shortly after graduation. I find it hard to juggle the confident, intelligent, student/social worker exterior with the scared, traumatized, hurting younger person I feel like on the inside.

So yeah, that's me.

Hi Madeline :wave:

Welcome to AS hon....I glad your here and that you found us and very sorry for the trauma you have endured and carried...Im very proud of you for all of your accomplishments hon...Thats a big deal!!! Keep on keepin on...We are a wonderful caring bunch of survivors and you will find loads of support here

big hugs

graice

Well we all have a scared little kid in us somewhere. some are just more scared then others...

But I definitely know where your coming from in the therapy part. Been forced into it before, loathed it entirely. But, that's probably not something to bring up here...

Welcome to AS :flowers:. Come on in. We have cookies.

Madeline,

Welcome to AfterSilence :flowers:

Sometimes it can be very hard to juggle our outside lives, with the ones that are within us, and how you are feeling is totally normal :hug:

I am very sorry for what has brought you here to AfterSilence, but I am glad that you have come here, and please know we are here for you to give you support and validation, this is a wonderful site, and personally I will say that this site has helped me enormously, and there is always plenty of room here for New Members :hug: - I am so glad you have come here

:tealribbon: Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime,

John :flowers:

You all are so amazingly friendly and open! I've only poked around and posted a few things but I feel such positive and supportive energy here.

I'm gonna stick around, okay? :blush:

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. I am always around if you need a friend. Take care

:hug::hug:

Sad

Hi Madeline and welcome to AS

Of course its alright that you stick around, in fact its really good :) I hope we can be of some help to you.

take care of yourself

teazle

Hello and Welcome.

Juggling is hard. I'm honestly not sure how those clowns get so good at it. I hope you get a handle on it soon, or that those two parts of you somehow get closer together.

:butterfly: