Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Saying 'hello'

sonic

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say hello as I'm new to the site and am feeling pretty alone at the moment. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get some support via these pages as very few people know my background. Although I'm seeing a counsellor I'm reaaly struggling at the moment but can't talk to my friends or get support from them as they don't know the abuse. Anyway, hopefully someone will reply to this!

Later,

Sonic

:throb: Welcome Sonic :throb:

Glad you found AS. This place can be a wonderful support system and has helped me through much. I hope you will find the same here.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome again,

Nicole :hug:

(((Sonic)))

I am truly glad you found this place for it is indeed a wonderful forum for sharing and healing. The people here are very understanding, loving, and supportive. Although we don't know your story (and there is absolutely NO pressure here to tell it or discuss anything you aren't comfortable with) we have all shared similar experiences so we understand where you're coming from. This is a great support system and we are all here for each other.

Welcome home, dear one. Sending you gentle, welcoming cyberhugs...

:hug:

Ardatha

Hi Sonic,

Warm Welcome to you. As the others have said, this is a wonderful place, very supportive. I have a very difficult time around the holidays, so I too am feeling very alone right now. I am so sorry that you are having a bad time right now. I am also sorry that you are going through what you are going through. Sometimes counseling can be very difficult, but it does get better. In the meantime I send warm warm hugs, and an ear and heart that will hear whenever you feel like talking (no rush). Take care of yourself.. :throb::throb::hug::hug::wub::wub:

Sonic,

Welcome to 'After Silence'. Thank you for taking the steps to forwards your healing journey, as this is your way of acknowledgeing you are more than you seem. I know you are nervous right now, as most of us who enter into something this big are nervous for the first time. But that will come to pass, as you allow yourself to open up and express your Survival as a human being without the fear of judgement that so abruptly surrounds our every day lives, here we will support you, care and guide you in the right direction. We also understand that telling your story takes time and patience. You have to be ready to speak out on your own time. We will also be here to listen to you when that time comes. You are not alone okay? You have friends here who do understand what you are going through emotionally, and will help you through this.

Welcome to the board sweetie.

Love, Haullie :hug:

Hi Sonic,

Just wanted to send you a warm welcome to After Silence. Glad you found this site! I'm fairly new here too...and I've been so impressed with how loving, supportive and insightful everyone here is. I hope you find the same!

Welcome again!

Warmly, Jill

((((Sonic))))

Welcome to the board hun, feel free to post or read as much as you would like and know that we are here for you along the way. :hug:

:hug: :hug:

Donna =)

Guest AllisonY2K

(((Sonic)))

Welcome to the boards, sweetie. I hope you find AS as caring and supportive as I have. It's been a great resource since I too have not had anyone I can trust enough to talk to about what I have been through.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm amazed by how many of you have replied so soon and really appreciate the support. I'm not yet able to tell my story - it's too painful and I'm struggling to deal with the flashbacks and intense feelings that have really hit home over the last couple of weeks. But I hope that one day I too will reach that place where I no longer need to be scared of letting others know what has happened and that I can break the silence that has kept me so isolated for so many years. Thanks again everyone for your kind words

Sonic :bye:

Welcome to AS, I hope that this wonderful place can help you on your healing journey ... :hug:

Hi Flower - good to hear from you. Welcome to the site

:hug:

:wave:

Will be around for a while longer as can't sleep so if you still there I'm up for a chat!

Sonic xx

welcome to the boards,

lots of hugs and wishes :throb::hug::throb: