Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Having To Log In Again Before Almost Every Post

Hi

Can someone give me some idea what is going on. I go to post and it is kicking me out almost everytime.

I am getting very frustrated because even though I have started copying my post even before I try to post it. I have to log back in then I end up with the main page which means I have re search for the topic I was replying to. Going "back" too it just means getting kicked out again

It seems to have started when I got high speed which was the same time I went to spring fling.

I don't mean to be a pest but honestly I am beginning to wonder if it is worth the effort

Pam

Maybe you could be a board setting that has inadvertibally gone wrong, maybe you could try clearing you browser cookies, and then try again, another reason you could be getting logged off from this site is if your account is being accessed from two computers at once, so it might be an idea to change your password also :) ... just to make sure.

:flowers:

John

Hey Fall,

I hope you do stay here :hug: - how did you go trying to delete cookies and changing password?

If you have no luck, be sure to let me know, and I'll try my best to find out what the problem is :)

John :flowers:

Hi John

I tried clearing the cookies - didn't help. I tried it before when I had the authorization mismatch too

I have started refreshing before I post so at least if it kicks me out it sends me back to the page I was on and I don't have to search for what I was replying to

I know my family would ask if they had questions about the site. It is why I post so freely I am completely safe on this end

Thanks for trying to help me figure it out.

Pam

This keeps happening to me too, no matter what computer i'm using. Its super annoying and I have no idea how to fix the problem, but i wanted you to know you are not alone. I tried Pming a mod but I have yet to get a response. I hope someone figures this out. It sucks to spend lik 5 minutes coming up with a witty reply only to have it erase and wiped off the face of the earth when you hit add reply.

Don't leave, things happen, and technology is only made by humans, and we are undeniably flawed, so it only makes sense that techonology would be also.

:butterfly:

It sounds a possibility that there is a problem with the high speed internet connection. Have you tried talking to your internet broadband provider?

Also could be a problem with a virus / trojan. Have you got adequate anti-virus anti-trojan software and have you done a recent scan?

One other possibility that might help is to completely reboot your computer - this often seems to help if I am having audio problems. You've probably tried this, but it's worth suggesting.

Atlantis

I am sorry you are havingthis problem - unfortuantely I don't know how to help - but in the mean time you could copy everything you write and if for some reason you get logged off at least you have it saved and can try again.

Perhaps you could try resetting your computer back before the problem started - maybe that would help?

best wises

karen

Fall,

Is it possible that you might be able to try and access AS on another computer and other internet connection and then see if it still does it, then that would help determined where the problem is.

*buttafly* - I'm sorry your having this problem also, I will see if I can find something on internet that might be able to find a possible cause, and get back to you

I don't think an internet connection would cause you to log out, because I have an ISDN internet connection which has two channels to the internet which are constantly dropping themselves with a function called Dynamic Voice Override and I have had no problem what so ever, so I'll have a look around and see if there is anything I can find on internet about this problem :)

John

I have this problem often, too - it seems like somedays I'm fine to post and other days I get kicked out and have to copy/paste my reply in after I log back in.

I've tried to clear out the cookies, too, and it doesn't seem to help. I just ran a virus scan last week and was clean.

I've never logged onto AS from another computer - but if it helps you figure it out, I use a broadband connection and the computer is less than a year old so still relatively up to date. Let me know if any other info would help...

It does get a bit bothersome - so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Pam

It sucks to spend lik 5 minutes coming up with a witty reply only to have it erase and wiped off the face of the earth when you hit add reply.

Don't leave,

:butterfly:

I have started right click "copy" before I even try so I don't lose what I was saying. Now that I hit refresh I at least end up in the same thread.

I should not have said that I guess I just am having such a bad week and I really should not get upset the tension in my neck can cause extreme pain. Which probably isn't conducive to healing. :blink:

Ready to post wish me luck - lol

It sounds a possibility that there is a problem with the high speed internet connection. Have you tried talking to your internet broadband provider?

Also could be a problem with a virus / trojan. Have you got adequate anti-virus anti-trojan software and have you done a recent scan?

One other possibility that might help is to completely reboot your computer - this often seems to help if I am having audio problems. You've probably tried this, but it's worth suggesting.

Atlantis

Thanks Atlantis

I will mention it to my husband to contact the high speed guy. - boy am I computer literate - not.

The anti virus runs constantly and what ever it is is on both the lap top and office computer but I will ask the hubby to look and see if anything stands out.

Fall,

Is it possible that you might be able to try and access AS on another computer and other internet connection and then see if it still does it, then that would help determined where the problem is.

*buttafly* - I'm sorry your having this problem also, I will see if I can find something on internet that might be able to find a possible cause, and get back to you

I don't think an internet connection would cause you to log out, because I have an ISDN internet connection which has two channels to the internet which are constantly dropping themselves with a function called Dynamic Voice Override and I have had no problem what so ever, so I'll have a look around and see if there is anything I can find on internet about this problem :)

John

Hi John

I don't seem to have the problems on dial up at least last time I tried. Not sure if this matters but longer posts are pretty much guaranteed not to go. This response should post okay if I do it fast enough

Pam

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Hi John

I just tried to post a one liner and got kicked out so I guess what I said earlier about short posts was an error.

Pam

Edited by fall
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to know if anything got figured out, because now mine has been doing this for the last week or so.

:533:

any help will be much appreciated!

:tealribbon:

Hey,

I'm not sure what would be causing this honestly, I have done a-bit of research into Ivision Power Board, which is the software that is used to run this website, and the only reason I can really find that would be doing this would be a change in the IP address, I know personally I have a dynamic IP address, e.g. the ISP changes every 10 hours, and I am thinking this maybe the cause of your problems, otherwise I can't really seem to figure it out for myself.

May I ask have you changed ISPs, computers, modems, even maybe browsers/proxy setting recently?

There has to be something causing this, and I would really like to pin point what it is, because I can imagine it must be quiet annoying being logged out so often, and I would really like to fix it, so I'm just trying to figure out any variables that might have changed to cause this.

Was there any changes in your computer system, e.g. hardware or software when this started happening or did it just start randomly, and also have you tried using your AS account on another computer, and if so does it happen on the other computer?

I really hope we can get this sorted out for you :hug:

John

Hi John and everyone here!

Its been happenning me too for about 1 week...but its been happening since I changed my password in my account last week...before that it was working fine!...could it be related to the changing of my password?...I find it odd that I had no problems what's so ever before-hand!

Thanks for the reply and for checking for what the problem could be John!!!

you have got to be shitting me! I just wrote my post and it did it again.!!!!

I have logged on on other computers but am always careful to log out. My moms been running lots of scans lately on the computer (spyware, virus, etc) but thats about all that has been changed on this computer. I am not sure whats causing this... :533:

When I use it on other computers its not for very long, just long enough to look around (or more urgent posts) so i dont post or do much of anything, I dont recall anything like this happening on there... :533:

Thanks for looking into this John!