Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

lcip

Hi, Im also new to this site. First i want to be honest and say that Im having a bit of a hard time feeling comfortable with everyone being so open, accepting and friendly to everyone. I suppose when you havent had people really care before its somewhat normal to feel the way i do. Ive never been able to relate to anyone before. Even though my three sisters went through the same experiences as me my family have refused to talk about it for 20 years. Its like it didnt happen. I really hope i find the support i need from others to keep faith in the process of recovery!

Hi lcip,

Welcome to AS..Im glad you found us and that your here...Im also sorry for the trauma you went through that brings you here....

Friendship care and compassion can be quite uncomfortable if youve never experienced it...

We are a very caring supportive bunch and I hope soon you will feel comfortable with this :)

sending you hugs

graice

Hi Icip,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

Hun, you can be as open or as cautious as you want/need to be. You can take all the time you need to get used to us, the board etc. No-one will push or rush you into doing anything you don't want here, you can go at your own pace, and there's no judgement here. I can understand it must be hard to see people being open etc about what has happened to them, but please know it's not a criteria, ok?? We also have some lighter forums, to crack a joke etc, or just discuss books, music and such. It's not just for the rough stuff. :)

This is a supportive community, and it's great that you have joined us!! I am sorry for what happened to you, and your sisters, that made it a need for you to join here, but we are gladly welcoming you in our midst. I'm also sorry that you could never talk about it, and had to keep the silence for so long. Take all the time you need, and if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask, ok?? We're here for you.

:flowers:

Jo

Edited by Saltywaters

Just wanted to say welcome :aswelcomesu: and you will definately find everyone on this site to be nothing but encouraging and accepting. I can honestly say that this past week, this site has been a lifesaver for me! Welcome again and look forward to reading your future post. If you need to talk about anything or want to chat sometime feel free to message me anytime! Take care! :hug:

Hi lcip,

Welcome to AfterSilence, I also had a hard time opening up when I first came here to, but I think over time we develop a trust, and we are able to open up more, and please know that it is perfectly fine to be as cautious as you feel you need to be :) ... We totally understand :hug:

I'm sorry for what you have experienced and that your family refused to talk about it for so long, :console: and I hope that you can gain some healing for what you have experienced here at AS. I am sure you will :flowers:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :tealribbon:

John :flowers:

Hi lcip and welcome to AS!

I am sorry for what you have been through but am glad that you have found this site. I can relate to being cautious with opening up as I find it difficult as well. It can be overwhelming to find people that actually care and understand, especially when other people in your life prefer to keep it all quiet. It can be difficult at times, but is also so validating and supportive.

Take gentle care and welcome,

Skye.

Welcome to AS :hi:

I understand feeling a bit uncomfortable with how open and caring a place like this is. It's taken me awhile to get used to that and I still have my moments. You're not alone, take care :console:

Hello and Welcome.

Comfort and trust take time to build. I hope in time you will see that its ok to be open here. We support you and you are not alone in this quest.

:butterfly:

I just wanted to extend my :aswelcomesu: support, too! This is a great community, with a lot of supportive and amazing people. I hope that you're able to find support and feel at home here, and I look forward to seeing you around on the boards! :)

:hug:

Christina