Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi. I'm New Here.

Aggy

Hi.

I'm new here - came across this forum while I was looking on the Internet.

There are so many areas/topics I need to ask about, want some more info on etc., etc., mainly because I have so many problems at the moment and it just about covers everything in my life right now!

I am seeing my doctor and I am having counselling.

I'm not quite sure which area to try and look at first on this forum - don't quite know where to start. Sorry.

Could do with some help actually - where do most people start off when they join this forum?

Aggy

Welcome to the group Aggy. I think people start in different areas. I, like you, introduced myself, then I posted my story in the Share your story forum.

I hope you find the support you need here at AS. :bighug:

Hey Aggy

welcome to AS hon ...Im glad you found us..You can start anywhere you want...I personally started in the humor and silliness thread and then move to other threads

If theres an area in the forums that really draws you in start there hon..We were all new once and we all started somewhere...:)

big hugs to you

graice

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to As

We have a great newbie support team - and one of them will contact you shortly - if they haven't already done so!

best wishes

karen

Hi Aggy,

Welcome! I'm glad you've joined AS, but sorry about your reasons for being here. AS can be a bit overwhelming at first, as there are so many forums, and many of them will apply to difficult issues you may or may not be ready to deal with. Take your time, look around, and post wherever you feel comfortable. There are lighter forums towards the bottom where you can post humorous things, or about favorite bands, movies, TV shows.

When I started, I stuck to things that were lighter, until I felt more comfortable, which is fine. :) Basically, whatever you want to do is fine, this is a very lax environment, and the people are kind and supportive. I look forward to seeing you around. :)

Hi Aggy,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It's good to have you with us. I know this site can be overwhelming at first, and like dodo said, there's a team set up here to guide and help you through. :) I am part of that team, and there's 6 of us. Where to start posting...... Basically hun, you can post in any forum you feel comfy enough in to post. Some members will start with their story, others keep it light to get to know members a little. It's all good, you decide what you do. After all, you came here for YOU. :)

I am sorry for what you went through, and the reasons that brought you here. This is a caring and supportive community, and I hope you'll feel at home soon, and that you can get the support you need. :flowers:

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Hello there,

I don't think I can add anything relevant to what's already been said. I began by posting my story and then browsing other sections. If you don't feel comfortable with that, options abound. Do what feels right to you.

Welcome.

-B.

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi aggy welcome to AS :flowers: I remember when I joined I felt quite overwhelmed as well. For me I first started out with reading all of the guidelines and rules of the forum then I looked through some of the lighter areas like simply life and humor. I hope that you find this site to be a great support to you. Everyone here is very caring and understanding so please don't be afraid to ask for more help if you need it. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Hey Aggy,

Welcome to AfterSilence :hug:

I am so sorry for what has brought you here, and for what you have been through, but I am glad that you have come here for some healing, and I am looking forward to having you as part of our online community :flowers:

We do have alot of forums here, and whichever one you wish to talk in first you are free to do so, you can start multiple topic in multiple forums if you wish, you aren't have confined to one forum, we have a pretty open environment here in AS, and you are free to go to whichever forums you wish :hug:

We do have lighter forums, like simply life, humor and silliness and the amusement alcove, and then there are some forums which do focus more around what brings us to this site, that being sexual assault/abuse and rape, forums like share your story and aftermath, you are welcome to go into any of the forum here on this site :hug:

If you ever need any help using any of the forum or the website, please feel free to reply to lacrymosa's PM or feel free to PM any member of the Newbie Support Team, we are here to help :hug:

Take gentle care, :tealribbon:

John