Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Time Hello

Buzz

Hi, I'm Liesl.

I've never interacted with other survivors, in person, or over the internet & am a little uncertain if this is going to be safe. But I'm going to try this.

So, Hello There :unsure:

I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse & was silenced for the last 20+years. Its only been the last few years that I've broken that silence. It felt great yet terrible at the same time. My life is constantly changing. For the better.

Hi Liesl,

Welcome to AS! I am glad that you have broken the silence, I understand the feeling of being uncertain about interacting here. Everyone here is so supportive and wonderful and I hope that you can get the support you need here. I am sorry for the reason that you are here but I am glad that you are here and you did a great thing in introducing yourself. You are not alone, whenever you need anything we are all here for you. Sending you a big hug if okay :hug:

Pm me if you need anything I can understand how you feel I am still a little new here myself.

:aswelcomesu::notalone:

Hi Liesl,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It's very brave of you to try this, and we welcome you with open arms. It can be a bit scary, and we all understand that, so please take all the time you need to look around and get to know some of the wonderful people here. There's a lot of support here, and I am sure you will get that here as well.

I am sorry for what you went through as a child, and also that you have been silenced for so long. That must have been very painful, dealing with the things in your head and not being able to say anything about it. You won't be silenced here, hun, you have a voice, and you matter. :)

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have, ok??

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

hi Liesl

Welome here to AS...We are a wonderful caring supportive accepting validating bunch of people here and Im so glad you found us and that your one of us now...

Please take all the time you need to get comfortable here and know that were right here for you and with you as you do..:)

sending hugs

graice

Hi and Welcome. I hope you find this place as comforting as I do. There are so many people who care and show such compasion so I think you are in a wonderful place to heal

:flowers:

Hello and Welcome

I hope soon you can find comfort and safety talking about this. I have found some support here, and have been able to talk about what happened, I wish the same for you. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:butterfly:

Hi. I just wanted to welcome you here and tell you that I'm glad that you are here. I hope that you are able to meet up with lots of great people which I'm sure that you will. Everyone here is so supportive and unconditionally caring. Take care of yourself and I hope to see you around the boards. :aswelcomesu::hug:

Hello and welcome.

You are so brave reaching out and all you have been through. everyone here understands your pain and are all here to support you. Feel free to pm me anytime

Lucy x

hi liesl and welcome to AS.

i'm proud of you for reaching out and breaking the silence. i hope you come to find the safety in AS that i have found as well as the support that's here as well.

remember that you're not alone and we're to help support you!

pm me anytime.

broken