Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, Ken Here

ken

I'm in my late 30s and am working through things that happened to me when I was 12-13.

I was coerced and then forced into sexual acts with an older teen male.

The more I work on things the more things come out. And also the more questions I have about how much of who I am (particularly sexually) stems from this.

My main problems revolve around self-esteem/assertiveness issues and comfortableness with sexuality.

Ken

Hi Ken :)

welcome to AS..Im glad you found us.... :)

sending big hugs

graice

Hi Ken,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

I am sorry for what you went through, and the things you have problems with now are quite a normal response to your past. Please know that this is not your fault, hun. It's understandable that new things come up when digging through the past in order to heal from it. I know it sucks, but I hope you will get things clear so you can learn how to deal with it all. :console:

I am glad you have joined us, and am quite sure you will have loads of support here. This is a caring and supportive community, and I hope that being here is a great help to you in your healing. You can heal from this, Ken, it takes time, but it can be done.

Please feel free to ask any questions, ok? We're here for you!

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Hi ken!

welcome to AS, im glad that you found us. I hope you can get the support you need here.

:)

Hey Ken,

Welcome to AfterSilence :)

I am also a male survivor, and can relate to how you feel, we have a male forum here, which many of the male members talk about guys things, which maybe helpful in your healing :)

I am so glad that you have come here for some healing, and I hope that by being here at AS, it will help in your healing, this community is a wonderful place, and it has help myself very much during my healing, and please remember that we are here to help you also, to work through what happened to you when you where a teenage, and gain some healing from it

Take care, and feel free to PM me anytime :up:

John

Hi Ken and welcome to AS

I'm sorry for what you've been through but I hope that you can find what you're looking for here. I know that you'll find others who are going through some of the same issues that you are.

take care of yourself

teazle

Thanks for all of the words of support.

I've been dealing with some parts of things for awhile, but newer bits have come in lately. And I also believe that I've gotten to a new place in things. I'm trying to feel out what I need to accept and act on to move on farther.

Thanks,

Ken