Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just A Reminder

Hi Everyone,

Please be considerate of other members when posting details about your story. It's been missing lately to provide proper warning when posting, and it's not cool to read and then get triggered.... If you don't know if your words could be seen as a trigger, than please put it up there anyways, I'd rather get warned and then not triggered, then not warned and triggered.

The guidelines state:

2. If your post is going to contain graphic details or triggering material, please add the *T* (Trigger) sign to the title. The *T* symbol applies to anything triggering you may decide to post.

I understand that every person has their own sets of triggers, but some are quite obvious, like describing violence or sexual acts in details.

Let's take care of each other by using this, ok? We all need kindness and support, and getting hurt by just reading is not the intention of this board.

Thanks for reading,

Jo

I Agree :flowers:

Adding trigger warning helps keep AS the safe and caring community it so obviously is.

Thanks for posting that Jo :hug:

John

Hey Saltywaters

You rock!!! thanks for the reminders :)

hugs

graice

Thank you for the reminder. I'm sure I'm as guilty of this as anyone else. my apologies if I have triggered anyone. :bighug:

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I am just putting this at the top again, simply b/c there's another need to remind people to have the consideration for other member's feelings..... We're all here to heal..... Lets not hurt each other.....

It is NOT OK to post all kinds of triggering stuff, and not warn people that the content might be upsetting/triggering.... If you fear that people might not read your post if you put a warning on it, that's not the case..... Doing multiple posts without warning, will keep people away from your posts a lot faster than any warning would. Being triggered is so not a nice surprise....

The *T* warning is there for a reason!!

Jo

Hi Everyone,

I am just putting this at the top again, simply b/c there's another need to remind people to have the consideration for other member's feelings..... We're all here to heal..... Lets not hurt each other.....

It is NOT OK to post all kinds of triggering stuff, and not warn people that the content might be upsetting/triggering.... If you fear that people might not read your post if you put a warning on it, that's not the case..... Doing multiple posts without warning, will keep people away from your posts a lot faster than any warning would. Being triggered is so not a nice surprise....

The *T* warning is there for a reason!!

Jo

:goodpost: Well said Jo. :agree2:

OOPS :ohmy:

I don't think I have put a trigger warning on stuff lately. :duh: I never even thought of it. I guess because I assume (ass out of me) need to vent and share your story are likely to trigger.

Hi Jo

You mean - in the new post or such - putting a warning message like 'may trigger you'?

Yes?

Sorry I am a bit confused or are you referring to the chat rooms too?

Bear

Hi Bear,

I meant the *T* warning on new topics, so the original poster can put that in there... And also in replies, when you want to name stuff that might be triggering to others. My reminder is not chat related, although warnings there are also appreciated. :)

Simply put, you can title the new topic and put the warning in second subject line.... It would look something like this:

My Story

*T*

or

My Story

Triggers

That way readers will know going in, and won't be overwhelmed without any warning of triggering content.

Hope that helped, hun. :)

:hug:

Jo