Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

I'm new,and was on vacation 2 weeks ago, and a man came into my shower and took me out. I got him off before he could go any further, I think, but pretty much sure. I called my friend in the states, I don't know how I did it, I had to tell my husband, short story they had to sedate me because I was so upset. I couldn't get a good description, and my mind is full of blanks. The resort couldn't do anything, and the local police came, and said that if I filled out a report I couldn't leave the island till the case was closed. They moved us to another building and had security on us for the rest of the days. I think I must have been in shock, I made the rest of the vacation with moments of tears, but for the most part I tried to enjoy it with my two children and husband.

I am here now, and it's starting to sink in. I go from sad and crying to mad.

I called the Raiin hotline, and was put on hold 3 times because the counselor was manning the front desk and taking all incoming calls. After the 3rd time I hung up and cried. This is how I came to find this forum.

I think I understand my feelings, but just glad to have someone who has been through a similar thing to talk with.

Hi bymyself

Welcome to AS hon.Im so glad you found us because here you will get loads and loads of support and Im so very sorry for the hellish nightmare you went through..Im sorry you got so yanked around at the rainn hotline god thats awful and makes me so mad....

Please know that here you can cry and get mad and feel any way you need to feel and theres no judgment or hurt here we all care and are glad to welcome you here to the AS family

sending you big hugs

graice

Hi bymyself

Welcome to AS hon.I'm so glad you found us because here you will get loads and loads of support and I'm so very sorry for the hellish nightmare you went through..Im sorry you got so yanked around at the rainn hotline god thats awful and makes me so mad....

Please know that here you can cry and get mad and feel any way you need to feel and theres no judgment or hurt here we all care and are glad to welcome you here to the AS family

sending you big hugs

graice

thank you so much. I can't identify with anyone. I feel that you have to know what I went through. People who love you try to help, but they don't understand. I thankful for support, but more thankful for this forum.

They think I might have been given something in my drink. The blank parts are what scare me most. Then I think did I do something to have this happen.

I'm a nice person who get along with all people. When he came in the shower I just thought he was bringing towels, or there was something wrong with the tub. It feels so unreal now. I'm glad that I kept it together for the last days of our trip, but I now don't know how I did it.

It started to sink in when I started to see the bruises on my leg. That's a rough one. My husband was very quiet, but he always is. I am just numb now.

thank you again

Hi bymyself,

First of all I wanted to welcome you to AS! What you went through is horrific and I am sorry that you had to go through all of that. This site is wonderful with so many supportive people who are here for you whenever you need us. I am sorry that you are having a difficult time right now and although I am glad that you are here I am sorry that you have a reason to be.

It doesn't matter what kind of day your having we will always be here with a shoulder to cry on or whatever it is you need.

take care and pm me if you need anything.

:hug: =if okay

Hi bymyself,

First of all I wanted to welcome you to AS! What you went through is horrific and I am sorry that you had to go through all of that. This site is wonderful with so many supportive people who are here for you whenever you need us. I am sorry that you are having a difficult time right now and although I am glad that you are here I am sorry that you have a reason to be.

It doesn't matter what kind of day your having we will always be here with a shoulder to cry on or whatever it is you need.

take care and pm me if you need anything.

:hug: =if okay

Thank you, just being here has made me feel better. I can breath better. I'm going to sleep and will be back tomorrow. It feels good to breath.

Hi bymyself,

I'm glad you found AS, and became a member. I'm so sorry about what you had to endure during a time that should have been fun and relaxing. I think the anger and sadness you're feeling is quite normal, and is exactly how I felt after. Things that are so horrifying just don't sink in at first, they take time so that we can grasp what has happened. I look forward to getting to know you. We have some things in common, and I suspect our feelings are similar. If you ever need someone to talk to, or have any questions, please feel free to PM me. Take gentle care. ((((((((hugs))))))))))

Edited by lacrymosa

Hi bymyself,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

I am so sorry this happened to you, it's terrible.... Your feelings of sadness and anger are normal, and I hope you are able to let some of that out. I am glad you have joined us, this is a caring and supportive community, and I am glad you already feel a bit better by being here. You are not alone hun, we're here for you and we understand what you are going through. It's good to have you with us. :flowers:

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Hey bymyself,

I am very sorry for what that man did, it was very wrong :hug:

I'm very glad that you have come to AfterSilence, and I hope that we can give you a place to heal from what you experienced on your vacation. Please know it wasn't you fault :bighug:

Please take gentle care :flowers: and feel free to PM anytime :)

John

Hi bymyself and welcome to AS

I hope that you feel less by yourself and alone now that you are part of this forum. I'm so sorry that this happened to you but I hope you find others that you can relate to.

take care of yourself

teazle

Hello ans Welcome

I'm glad that you found this site. I hope it helps you to realize that you are not byyourself anymore. I look forward to seeing you around the boards and reading your posts.

:butterfly:

Welcome

I'm glad you are here looking for support, but I am so sorry that you have to be. I'm sorry that happened to you. You are so strong for getting through the vacation with your family. Keep reaching out for the support you need.

People here are great.

-Kari Jo

:hug:

Welcome to AS :)

I'm so sorry about what you went through. What a horrible experience. I hope you find the support you need here!

:notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS!

I am sorry for what you have been through. It was not your fault and your are not alone here. I know how scary the blank bits are and I am glad you have found this place.

:flowers:

Skye.