Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

My name is Cheryl and I am a sexual abuse surivor. Also I am the mother of a sexual abuse child. With both situations it was a family member who did the abusing. With me it was my brother and with my daugther is was her brother. They are looking to charge her brother/my son with adult charges even though he is only 15. I am looking for any and all support I can get. My son has been removed from the home and is living with my mother/his grandmother. I am trying to deal with the emtional shock and pain this has all brought to our lives. It has opened some very nasty wounds with me and my family. I had a mother who refused to believe that my brother did anything to me. When it came out that my son molested my daugther, my brother finally admitted it to my mother. Who still don't want to believe it or come to terms that it happened while she was around.

Thanks for letting me join and I hope I can find support and friendships here....

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

welcome here to AS hon.Im so glad you found us.You have come to the right place for support and understanding and comfort...

Gosh you have a LOT on your plate right now...

Im so sorry that you have all this going on in your life it must be a nightmare to deal with it all.....

Im sure it was hard to share that and Im glad you found the courage to post...

were here for you hon....

Please know your no longer alone and that you have support here :)

sending hugs to you

graice

Hello CHeryl and welcome to AS.

I am sorry you going through so much at the moment, but you fond the best place to receive support and understanding. :luck:

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It's understandable why the situation with your daughter and your son would have surfaced old wounds you still have about your own abuse. I am sorry for what you went through as a child and I am also sorry for how things are in your family atm. It's a whole lot to be dealing with.

I am glad you have joined us, this is a caring and supportive community, I'm sure you can find lots of support here. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We're here for you, hun....

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Edited by Saltywaters

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome to AfterSilence :)

I'm so sorry for what brings you here, and for what has happened between your daughter and son, :hug: what happened to you and your daughter is very wrong, and I am glad that you have come here for some healing :hug:

Please know we are here to support you, and please know you can heal :bighug: and maybe when you feel comfortable yourself here, you might be able to introduce her to AS also, and we would be more then happy to offer her support also, and by sounds of it, she gets lots of support for yourself :flowers: which shows how great of a mother you are.

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :flowers:

John

[Edit: Typographical error]

Edited by biggestfoot

:aswelcomesu: Cheryl

I'm so sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here...sorry for both you and your precious daughter. I do so hope that you find everything that you are looking for here. There are tons of great people here and I'm sure that you will feel at home in no time. Take good care of yourself and I hope to see you around on the boards. :hug::luck::hug::luck:

Welcome Cheryl

It sounds like you're dealing with some really tough things at the moment, and you're dealing with them well. Its understandable that the situation with your son and daughter are making some old memories and issues resurface. Please know that we will all be here for you as you battle through this time. Hopefully we will be able to be a source of help and support.

Please feel free to PM me anytime

take care of yourself

teazle

Hi Cheryl

Im so sorry to har what has happened to you and your daughter. Words escape me. All I will say is we are here for you and will offer you nothing but support encourgement and advice from people who have suffered similar. lots of gentle :hug: :hug:

Hi Cheryl,

I just wanted to welcome you to AS! There are alot of wonderful and supportive people here and you should have no trouble getting the support you need. I am sorry for what has happened to you and your daughter and I am sorry that your mother doesn't believe you . It sounds like you are having a difficult time right now and I just wanted to let you know that we are here for you whenever you need us.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards and getting to know you.

If you need anything pm me

:notalone::aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS, Cheryl :)

I am so sorry about what you and your daughter are going through. I can't even imagine how tough this must be for you, going through it yourself and then having your child go through the same pain. I'm glad you found us, you will find a lot of supportive people here

:hug:

Hello and welcome cheryl.

I'm glad you found this site and I hope you find what your looking for here. I look forward to seeing you around. Probably in chat. ;)

:butterfly: