Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New Here

Hello. My name is Amy. I am 20 years old and a survivor of childhood abuse that went into my teenage years. I have DID (my parts considered themselves "the posse"), and have been diagnosed for a year and 1\2 now. Although, obviously i had it for a lot longer. So you don't get confused, the only ones that will probably ever write here are me, Amy, Jakie- 18 years old (which we all hope doesn't write at this moment), Susan (13 years old), Alley (14), and i doubt it but maybe Allison (7)- if she learns how to use a computer in the future.

I have some support in my life, my best friend, and my therapist.

My family: I was in fostercare for the first three years of my life (where the abuse started); adopted (where abuse continued); my adoptive mother was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer when i was 9 and died from it when i was 16- she fought it for 7 1\2 years. (The most confused time in my life); my dad remarried when i was 19.

I have been hospitalized many times for my schizoaffective\ bipolar disorder (every doctor has a different view); since there is no medication proven for DID, just therapy, i have unfortunately been to a few state hospitals that don't even believe in it. Which is very frustrating. I have now found a therapist, best friend, and psychiatrist that believe me and that DID exisits. My family doesn't understand my DID- i like to say my dad is DID (Dad In Denial)---my therapist and I like to joke about it.

I'm excited to be here and I hope i can give support to people.

I'm a little worried with my DID....I hope it isn't a bother....does anyone else here have DID and are willing to share their story with me? If so, PM me.

Thanks for listening and I hope i can get a lot out of this site. THanks for the oppurtinuty (sp?)

~Amy

Hi Amy,I just wanted to welcome u to AS! I am sorry that you have gone through a tough time in your life and that you have a reason to be here but I am glad that you have joined us.This place is wonderful and everyone is so supportive and caring.  I also hope that you can get the support you need here.  I hope to see you around.  :aswelcomesu:

Hi Amy

welcome here to AS hon...You have found a wonderful place of support and understanding and validation :) Im glad you found us and glad you have good folks in real life who are supporting you

sending hugs to you

graice

I don't have DID, but I have talked to a few patients that have it. I did mental health clinical at a state hospital that believes it does exist. I definitely believe it exists, especially after talking to a few people with it. I'm glad you at least are aware of your "alters" Thanks for the heads up & welcome here!

~Carmello

Amy,

I'm so glad you joined AS. I think it will give you and "the posse" a voice where people understand and can relate to your journey that you're on so far. I know my BFF has been the best support I could ask for and hope that your is the same way.... :wink:

You are loved more than you know.

:hug::hug::hug:

Jill

Hey Amy,

Welcome to AfterSilence, we do have many members here with DID, and many people here who I am sure will be able to understand what you are going through, and we even have a Dissociative Identity Disorder support topic, click here, which is a topic specifically to support survivors who have DID and to share experiences with other survivors who have DID.

I am glad that you have come to AfterSilence for support and I'm also glad that you have found such a great therapist, but I am so sorry for what happened to you when you where little, and please know that you aren't alone :flowers:

I am looking forward to seeing you on the forum site and in the chat room soon, and I hope I can help in your healing :hug:

Please take gentle care and feel free to PM me anytime :hug:

John.

Hi Amy,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

I am sorry for all you went through, but I am glad you have found a great therapist/friend and that you have joined us here. There are several members here that struggle with DID, and I am sure you can find support and understanding here. :)

Take all the time you need to look around, there's no rush here. It's good to have you with us, and I hope I'll see you around and meet in chat soon. :)

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Amy,

I just wanted to join the others in welcoming you here to AS. I'm so glad that you are here but so sorry for the things you have been forced to go through. You sound like a really wonderful person who is doing a pretty good job dealing with the things you have to deal with. You sound like you have a good support system as well which always makes such a huge difference. I don't have DID, but my mom does. She has pretty much worked through and has "integrated". You will get there!! Please take care of yourself and know theres tons of people here who care. :aswelcomesu:

welcome to AS :hug:

Hi Amy

Welcome to AS hope we can help you heal and amke you feel welcome, you know the expression one in a million? Well quite a lot of those one in a millions are here in this community. Several have DID and are trully wonderful people. While I dont have DID I do understand itfrom an outiders perspective, from freinds on here and a freind in the UK who has DID. Please dont hesitate to PM me if you or your "posse" would like to chat.

Lucy x :hug: :hug: :hug:

hey sweetie

welcome to AS..its great to have ya on board :)

i have DID..been Dx'd for ...wow, nearly 8 yrs now!!! ( dearly me, feel all old all of a sudden!)

please, feel free to PM me any time any of you guys wanna chat..as im always happy to hear from ppl and will do my best to help in anyway i can, for all of ya

take care sweetie

xxx jac

Hello and welcome.

I hope you find comfort and support here. I know nothing about DID, but I you get intergrated, or at least the little girl gets heard.

I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:butterfly: