Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi Everyone!

My name is Kristina, I'm 34 years old and a survivor of sexual abuse. I was abused by family members when i was younger and am finally at the point where i want and need to open up and heal. I am so happy to find this forum to use as a support. On the other hand, i am a little nervous about the process of opening up. Anyway i plan to post as i feel ready. Thanks for such a great website!!

Hi. :aswelcomesu: I'm sorry for the things that led you here but I'm glad you found your way here to AS. Please just take your time, look around and post when you feel ready. There are so many great people here who will help to support you and will send you lots of words of encouragement. Take good care of yourself and I hope to see you around on the boards.

Hi Kristina,I just wanted to welcome you to AS! I am sorry for what you went through and I am glad that you came here to AS!  Like Kim said there are alot of wonderful people here It's okay to be nervous I was when I first came here, it takes time.  Take a look around and whenever you feel comfortable sharing we will be here for you .Hope to see you around the boards. :aswelcomesu:

Hi Kristina,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

Opening up and finding a voice for what you have endured can be an unnerving experience, but it is key to healing from these kinds of hurts. Take your time and find your place among the "community" here, and when you feel up to it we will be willing to offer caring and support as you put your story into words.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

Edited by sisterinsurvival

Hey Kristina,

Welcome to AfterSilence, I am very sorry for what brings you here, but I am glad that you have come here for support, and I am sure that you will receive a-lot of support here at AS.

It's perfectly fine to be nervous first coming to a forum like this one, we totally understand :console: I was really nervous when I first came here too, but I think you have the best way of overcoming that, and that is to just post as you feel ready, and we will be here to support you when you do :hug:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :hug: - if ok

John

Hi Kristina :flowers:

I am so so happy that you have joined our family here at AS!! I know it can be overwhelming at first but we are here for you! I'm sorry for what happened to you. I'm glad to hear that you are ready to overcome this and heal...you deserve the best that life has to offer and you will overcome this!!! I look forward to getting to know you. please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. :hug:

Jill

Hey Kristina

Welcome here to AS....Im glad you found us..Please take your time and post in the forums where you feel most comfortable...:)

sending you big hugs

graice

Hi Kristina,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

Is ok to be a little nervous, hun. You can take all the time you need there's no rush. You don't have to do or say anything that makes you uncomfy, so just go at your own pace. I am glad you have joined us, and hope that being here is helping you in healing from your past. I am sorry you went through all that, pls know you did not deserve it and it wasn't and isn't your fault. You'll find a lot of support here. :)

If you need anything, just ask, ok?

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Hi Kristina and welcome to AS.

I am sorry for what you have been through and think that AS is a great place to start the healing process.

Take gentle care,

:flowers:

Skye.

Edited by blueskye

welcome to AS :hug:

Hi Kristina

Thats great that you're at the point of breaking your silence and opening up, we'll all be here for you when you feel ready to take that step. I hope you find this a helpful and supportive place to do so.

take care of yourself

teazle