Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Another New One

Hello.

I'm a 50 year old grandmother with 3 children and 5 grandchildren with 2 more on the way. I'm coming from another forum (that dealt with a very specific aspect of being a survivor) that was a wonderful support while I needed it.

I've been able to make progress (after 3 years in continueing therapy and 1 yr on that forum) and have found myself moving past those issues and looking for something fresh and new to find further healing.

I live on the northern east coast, love horses, aromatherapy, natural healing, pets of all kind, except spiders, sorry arachnid lovers.

(hm...as I read this I keep hearing the theme song for 'The Dating Game' in my head, lol )

Anyway, I look forward to meeting others here! :flowers:

Hi Sjenna,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

Hehe, it looks like you won't have any boring weekends anytime soon, with all them grandkids. That's awesome though, very nice indeed. :) It's great to see how much effort you have put into healing from this trauma, and how you are ready to take on new challenges to heal further. Hopefully you will find that here, I'm sure you'll find lots of support. I love horses and pets too, basically I love all animals, including..... spiders as well. :wink: It's no biggie, I won't take any to the board. :)

If you need any help, please let me know, ok? I am more than willing to guide you through or explain stuff to you. It's great to have you with us. :)

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Sjenna,

:aswelcomesu: I am glad that you found your way here. You will find that there are so many supportive people here on this site. We are all in a different stage of our recovery and all have tons of different experiences. You will be very welcomed here. Take your time and look around. I hope that you will be feeling at home in no time. Take good care of yourself and I hope to see you around the boards.

Hi! I'm new here too. Unlike you, this is the first "group". I am new to the whole recovery thing. It's been a little over a month since this happened to me, and I still don't know what to do with this. I hope you continue to heal. Take care!

~Carmello

Hi sienna

Welcome here to AS.Im an older survivor too and am waiting to be a gramma :)

I hope AS can be another wonderful support for you as you continue your healing journey

sending you big hugs

graice

welcome to AS :hug:

Hi Sjenna

Its great to have you here. I love horses as well, in fact I work with them. I'm not so sure I'd be able to cope with the kids and grandkids though!!

I hope you find the further healing that you are after here.

take care of yourself

teazle

Hey Sjenna,

Welcome to AfterSilence :flowers:

I am glad to hear that you have been making progress in your healing, and am glad that you have come here to make some future progress in your healing, AS is a wonderful place for survivors to come and to share there experiences and to gain some healing.

I am glad that you have come here, and I hope to see you on the message boards and in the chat room soon, and I hope that I can be of help in your healing :bighug:

John