Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introductions

Hi everyone

I am a 17 year old girl from Beverly Hills. I was assaulted on New Years Eve two years ago when I was 15 by a 20 year old security guard. Recently I became aware that he may have slipped rohypnol into one of my drinks which basically ruined all of the progress I had made on dealing with it. I have a strong support system in my family and friends but my boyfriend of 2 years who I met right after the attack just doesn't understand it. I joined here hoping to be able to talk to people who really understand how that one night can haunt you. I deeply respect all of you for having the strength to already be here supporting other women and each other, and I hope to become one of you all soon.

Hi LAgirl,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

I am sorry for what you went through, hun. It's a terrible thing to survive, but you did survive it. Like you, my life also changed completely in one night, so I get what you're saying. You'll find many members here that can relate to you and you to them.

I am glad you have a good supportsystem around you, that is very important and that put a smile on my lips. :) You rock! I am looking forward to reading your posts, but please don't do or say anything you feel uncomfy with. This is about you first, and you can take all the time you need. No rushing, pushing or judging here, hun, you can be you, and that's always good enough. :)

Please feel free to ask any questions on how things work around here, I'll be more than happy to guide you through. :)

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Hello LAGirl

Welcome to this wonderful community. We all support each other both men and women, all have been through the same types of trauma. There are some people on here who I can only describe as heros and heroines, They cant fly or have super powers, but they all are wonderful caring sweet people with beautiful souls. Feel free to reach out to any one of us. Gentle hugs :hug: :hug: Lucy x

:aswelcomesu:

I just wanted to make sure to tell you that I'm glad that you found your way to AS. I'm sorry for what has led you here however. I hope that you will find everything that you are needing right now. Take good care of yourself. :hug::luck::hug::luck:

Hi LAgirl,I just wanted to welcome you to AS!  I am sorry for the reasons you came here but it sounds like you do have a good support system and that is wonderful.  Everyone here is so supportive and wonderful. Take your time and look around for a while.  When you are comfortable to share your story we will be here with open arms.I look forward to seeing you around. :aswelcomesu:

Hi. Congrats on coming forward and seeking help. Things have happened to me that have made me have setbacks too. When I found out the man who did this to me was not being charged, I came here for support. I hope you and I both find the support we need to get through this. Take care!

~Carmello

HI!! :flowers:

I am so sorry for what happened to you! you have found an awesome group of survivors here and I know that you will get the support and healing that you so deserve!!! :hug:

A lot of us here know what it's like to have sexual abuse change your life, you can and will overcome this and YOU WILL BECOME STRONG AT ALL THE BROKEN PLACES OF YOUR HEART!!! please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I look forward to talking with you soon. please take care. :hug::bighug:

Jill

Hi LA gir

welcome to AS..Im sorry you for what has you here but very glad you found us and very glad to have you with us

Everyone heals in the own time and healing doesnt happen over night.Ive been dealing with this for 35 or so years

welcome hon

big hugs

graice

welcome to AS :hug:

Hi LAgirl

I'm sorry for what you've been through. I'm really glad you've got support in your family and friends, and I hope you find the understanding that you are looking for here.

take care of yourself

teazle

hi LAgirl

welcome to AS

i'm so sorry that you've had to find a site like this. but i'm glad you have such a strong support system and can add AS to that list. it's been a very positive experience for me and i can only hope you find it to be the same as well. take care of yourself!

safe hugs to you.

:hug::hug:

brokenangel

Hi LAgirl :flowers:

Welcome to AfterSilence, I am sorry for what that horrible man did to you, but please know no matter what he slipped into your drink, it wasn't your fault :hug:, and I am sorry to hear you boyfriend finds it hard to understand, but I am sure that you will find a-lot of understanding here.

Welcome to AfterSilence :tealribbon:

Take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime

John