Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New And Very Nervous

Hi Everyone ,

Ive been lurking for a while and think its time I introduce myself .

Im a 45 yr old single mom of 2 beautiful children .

My story began shortly after I lost my mom and a brother in March and Aug of 2005 . Shortly after losing my mom , my whole abusive pass surfaced and sent me in a tailspin . What I thought i had burried and forgotten came and now im having a really hard time dealling with it all .

Ive been through 3 therapist , to which they all ended up leaving do to illness or other problem and so now I cant seem to bring myself there again , therefore , never had a real chance to heal in therapy . Im hoping to find comfort and support here and to be able to return that to others .

Im a very shy woman and been silenced all of my life , therefore , not sure how well i will do here .

Hope to get to know you all .

Griefstricken

You are very welcome here and I hope you will find the healing you are looking for in here. I know I have and still am. You'll always find support, hugs and healings in here!

Lots of hugs and support when you need them! :hug:

Jennifer

Welcome Grief,

So sorry all this happened at such a hard time in your life.

No rush with anything ok....just go at your own pace.

I'm very glad to have you here and look forward to getting to know you.

I am 34 and all of mine just sprung up out of no where too.

It can be very troublesome. Just know we are here for you ok.

Timeless

Hi Griefstricken,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

Don't worry about being shy and not doing well here. You don't have to do or say anything you are uncomfy with, so you can just be you, and that's really always ok. There's no test here hun, just support and care and people that understand what you are going through.

I am sorry that the loss of both your mother and brother have resurfaced your abusive past as it has. It's not uncommon for that to happen. It just really sucks when it all comes at a rough time, as it is. :console:

I am sorry to read that T has been such an ordeal on so many levels, I can understand why you have trouble starting over with that. Healing from this is really tough. I am glad you have joined us, and hope that healing starts here for you. You are not alone in this struggle, and this is a good place to start. :)

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Hi Griefstricken and welcome to AS!

I am sorry for what you have been through and for the loss of your mother and brother.

I hope that you will find some comfort and support here and know that you are not alone in your struggles.

I am also really shy and find it difficult to open up and was also a little worried about that, but I am finding my voice a lot more than I ever thought I could though being here. Just knowing that it is ok to be me and ok to take my time and do things my way has been really special for me and I know that you will find this here also.

Take gentle care,

:flowers:

Skye.

Hey there and welcome to our family. This is such a wonderful and supportive place and I hope you find all the support and healing you need here.

Take your time.

Sending you gentle :hug: :hug: if ok.

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS

It all hit me after the death of my mother in March 2004 -

I am glad you have found AS and hope youfind what you need here

best wishes

karen

Hi griefstricken

Welcome here to AS hon...Im sorry that youve been through so much and want you to know its not your fault and you will find out that here at AS you are valued and worthy and accepted.Please take your time and know were here for you whenever your ready to jump in

Im 42 and a survivor of many types of abuse and havent really told my story to anyone yet as Im still dealing with my own ugly monsters and feelings..

Please know that you are amongst friends and survivors here.We wont judge you or invalidate your experiences in any way hon

sending you big hugs

graice

Hello griefstricken,I just wanted to welcome you to AS!  I am sorry to hear that the passing of your mother and brother has caused so many things to resurface for you.  We are all here to support you with whatever it is you need.  I am also really shy and since I have joined AS I can honestly say that I have really started to open up here.   It does take time but when you feel comfortable here an are ready to share we will be here with open arms.

There are so many wonderful people here and I am so glad that you have joined us. 

:wave:  :notalone:  :supportu:

Hi. I am 21 years old and was sexually assaulted last month. This was a huge trigger for my mother who is 41 now. She was sexually abused as a child. I don't know what to say to make this better for you. Just please know that you are not alone here. Take care!

~Carmello

Hi griefstricken

I hope that you will find the comfort and support that you need here. We won't silence you here, so whenever you feel able to starting talking, we'll be here to listen.

take care of yourself

teazle

Hi griefstricken

Welcome. I can relate to you so much. I'm older and very shy....and have been through some (about 5) therapists. It's a hard road, but I think (lol, hate to commit to a feeling) I'm finding some clarity since I've been posting and reading.

We're here for you

blue