Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here....

Hi Everyone! I'm Chelsey (20 year old female) and I'm new to this board. I've never tried anything like this before and I'm hoping it will help. I was raped almost 5 years ago, and I ignored that it happened for the past 4 1/4 years. I recently realized that the hurt was not going to go away unless I dealt with it, but it became too much to do alone or with people who don't necessarily understand what trying to heal is like.

So anyway, I'm probably just going to observe for a little while and get comfortable with this whole concept before I start posting things, but I just wanted to say hi anyway!

- Chelsey

Edited by bernach

Welcome to AS hun!

Take as much time as you need. I'm glad you found this place, it really is a great step towards healing from this.

Take care and PM me anytime :)

Cheers

lisa :flowers:

Hi Chelsey,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

I am glad that you have joined us, knowing that there's lots of support here, and we understand what it's like to have to deal with and heal from this. It's a long road, but one worth taking. :)

Take all the time you need to look around and get used to the board and the members here. There's no rush here, hun. There's a lot of posts here that you can relate to. You're not alone hun, we know where you are coming from.

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

hi Chelsey and welcome to AS. I am so sorry that u were raped and have reason 2 be here. But I am glad you are here nonetheless. Just take your time and look around and hopefully before long, u will be feeling more comfortable. Just take it at your own pace and post what you want to and nothing u dont. :aswelcomesu: If you ever wanna chat, feel free to message me. Take care of yourself and again, welcome.

Hey there, take as much time as you need to feel comfortable here.

Sending you gentle :hug: if ok.

Hey Bernach,

Welcome to AfterSilence, I am so glad that you are seeking support here :hug: and I am so sorry for what happened to you 3 years ago, it is very wrong, and please remember it is never your fault.

It's important that you keep as comfortable as possible here, so just start posting when you feel you are ready to, and we will be here to listen and hold a hand of friendship out to you when you do, we are here to help :hug:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :flowers:

John

Hi Chelsey

Welcome here to AS..Take as much time as you need to get comfortable here hon.Im so sorry you were raped and violated but glad you found us.....Its not ever your fault hon

Were here for you whenever your ready

sending big hugs

graice

Hello Chelsey im so sorry for the reaspons you had to come and find this site. This is a fabulous community with lots of caring sweet people, who will hold you hand every step of the way. PM me anytime. Gentle :hug: if ok

Lucy

Hey Chelsey,

I just wanted to welcome you to AS!! Take your time and look around and when you feel comfortable with sharing we'll all be here for you.  I am so sorry that you were raped and even needed to come here but I am glad you are here and can't wait to get you know you more. :wave:  :notalone:  :supportu:  :youcanheal:

Hi! I'm a 21 year old nursing student, and I was sexually assaulted last month. I too am not too sure about posting stuff yet, but I want to give it a shot. I still am trying to figure out how to heal or even if there is a way to heal from something like this. Feel free to message me. I hope we both find what we need together. Take care!

~Carmen

Hi Chelsey!!!

I am so glad that you are here. there is no pressure here about posting!! take your time and only post when you are ready. we are always here for you, you don't have to go through this alone. i look forward to getting to know you!!! you deserve to heal and once again i'm glad that you are part of the AS family!!! :hug: please don't hesistate to let me know if there if anything I can do for you.

:bighug:

Jill

Hi Chelsey

I hope you start feeling comfortable soon and I'll look forward to seeing you around when you are ready. I'm glad you're starting to try and deal wiht this.

take care of yourself

teazle