Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi. I'm a 21 year old college student. It's been a little over a month since I was sexually assaulted, but it seems like ages. I've been different things to help me get back to "normal", but I need to feel understood. That's why I'm here.

Carmello,

:aswelcomesu: I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you have reason to be here but I'm glad your here just the same. I hope that you will find all of the support and understanding you can...I'm sure you will. There are lots of great people here who have come from all sorts of different backgrounds. I hope that you will be feeling comfortable here in no time.

Hi Carmello

I'm new here to. I hope that you are able to find people who understand. I have found that to be true of people here. mostly I've needed to be reminded that it isn't my fault, and I have gotten that here. You are not alone in this.

Welcome :flowers:

Thanks. I hope so too. Yeah, I'm not really comfy on message boards, but I will get used to it.

Carmello,

:aswelcomesu: I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you have reason to be here but I'm glad your here just the same. I hope that you will find all of the support and understanding you can...I'm sure you will. There are lots of great people here who have come from all sorts of different backgrounds. I hope that you will be feeling comfortable here in no time.

This is definitely not your fault. I don't know what you went through, but it wasn't your fault. Thanks or telling me I'm not alone.

Hi Carmello

I'm new here to. I hope that you are able to find people who understand. I have found that to be true of people here. mostly I've needed to be reminded that it isn't my fault, and I have gotten that here. You are not alone in this.

Welcome :flowers:

Hello Carmello,  :aswelcomesu:  I just wanted to welcome you here and let you know that everyone here is wonderful and supportive.  I am sorry that you have a reason to be here but I am glad to have met you and think that you will be able to understand and relate to many.Again welcome and hope to see you around the boards.

Hi Carmello,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

I am sorry that you got assaulted a little over a month ago. That should never have happened, an please know it was not your fault. :console: I can see how time seems to last long... There's so much to deal with. I am glad you have joined us here at AfterSilence. You came for the right place to meet people that understand.

:notalone:

Jo

Hi Carmello,

Welcome to AfterSilence :hug:

I am so sorry for what happened to you :console:, but I am sure that you that you will be understood here, the people here are so understanding, and really do care :hug: I am sure that you will feel at home and understood here very soon, and I am so glad that you have come here to gain that, and I hope it helps in your healing :flowers: - Please feel to turn to us at anytime, we're all here for each other.

Take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :bighug:

John.

:hi: hun

Welcome to AS....... i hope you find all the help and support here that you so deserve here, just take your time looking around, there is no pressure in you havin too post, just take your time and i hope to get to know you and see you around some time

Take gentle care of yourselve :hug::hug:

Angel x

Edited by angel123

Hi carmello

welcome to AS...Im glad you found us :)

I hope that as you visit here more you will become more comfortable with us and feel a sense of acceptance and validation and warmth here

sending you big hugs

graice

welcome to AS!!! if you are looking for support and healing then you have definitely come to the right place!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

I am so so glad that you found us!!!! we will be here for you through both the good and bad days!! What happened to you was in NO way your fault!!!!!!!!! you can and will heal from sexual abuse. you are not alone. please let me know if you need anything!!! :hug:

Look forward to talking with you soon!!!

Jill

Hi Carmello and welcome to AS

There is one thing I know for certain and that is that you will be understood here. We know some of what you're going through, and we will be here for you. You won't be alone now that you are part of this community. I hope that you settle in soon and feel more comfortable. Just move at your own speed, there is no rush :)

Feel free to PM me if you need anything

take care of yourself

teazle

welcome to AS :hug: