Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here...

Welcome to AS hun!

:) It is pretty nerve racking to start with but you'll soon find everyone is fantastic here :up: .

You can share in your own time.

Take care :flowers:

Lisa

Hey Zahina!! or Maddie (whichever you prefer to be called by)

Welcome to AS!

I'm glad you've found this forum and also glad that you've decided to post! Whether you see it/ know it, or not, you already have that incredible strength and courage that you see in others on here. You've survived something that changes you forever and turns you into an even more incredible person. Don't push yourself too hard to share you're story, but know that when you are ready, we are here ready to listen and support you and get you back on feet again, no matter how many times you fall, we'll always be here to pick you back up.

I look forward to getting to know you a little better here soon!

Take care of yourself and I hope to see you around :hug: :hug: :hug:

welcome to AS :hug:

hey there!

welcome to AS... im new too. but im liking it here a lot. ppl are honest and sweet. i hope you like it here too.

- becky lynn

Hi Zahina and welcome to AS!

Well done on taking this first step by introducing yourself, I am sorry for what has brought you here but hope that you find some support here and know that you are not alone.

:flowers:

Skye.

Hi Zahina,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It's quite alright to "lurk" around here until you feel more comfy to post. It's good to see you feel confident enough now to introduce yourself. Well done! It can be so hard to type out the post and then hit "submit".... But you did it. :)

Take all the time you need, hun..... There's no rush, and when you feel you want to share some, you'll find this community to be supportive and caring. There's no judgement here, we all understand how hard it can be to talk. I am sorry for what you went through, but I am glad you have joined us. :)

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Hi Zahina,.

Welcome to AS :flowers:

I am also 17 :) so we are the same age which is very cool :)

I'm really glad to hear that you have decided to come here, and start posting :hug:

AS is a wonderful place I think, and am glad that you have come here and I am sure you will more confident here as time passes and you start to make friends with people here, the people here are so welcoming and such lovely people I am sure that you will be feeling more confidence in being here in no time, but people know no matter how confident your feeling you are always welcome here, and that we do care :hug:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :hug:

John

:hi: hun.... Welcome to AS... i hope you find all the help and support you so deserve here, take you time in looking around and we will be here for you anytime you need us

Take care

Angel x

Hey hon

welcome here to AS....Jump in when and where your ready :)

hugs

graice

Hello and welcome.

Please dont be nervous or shy on here. I an catagorially state that there is not one person here that will judge you in any way. All you will get is support. PM me anytime

Take Care

Lucy

Thank you so much for all the lovely messages of support. I opened up my computer after a truly awful day, and this was hte first thing I saw after leaving this on overnight. Am completely welled up with tears and shaking slightly - I realise im gushing , but it really means a lot, and im looking forward to spending a lot more time here in the future :blush:

Hi Zahina/Maddie

Its great to have you hear. I'm really glad you've been able to pluck up the courage to post for the first time, thats an awesome step and I hope you're really proud of yourself.

Like the others said, its ok to take as much time as you need to look around here and get a sense of AS. There is no pressure at all to post. I hope you find that you are able to though, as there are some incredible people here who will offer you so much comfort, help, advice, support and friendship.

Feel free to PM me anytime

take care of yourself

teazle

I'm so glad you found the courage to post here. This is a healing community and a place we can all share and be supported while supporting others, which helps us in return as well.

Please use this website to heal... you deserve it.

If you ever need anything, to talk, to cry, to have someone just listen or be there, PLEASE PM me.

~*~*~hugs and wishes~*~*~ that you may start your healing journey soon