Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Member Here

Hi everyone, I am a 27 yr old college student. This is my first time posting on a site like this but I feel that it would be great to have some support. I do go to therapy and am on med for my anxiety and depression but I would like to connect with others. I also would like to give my support in return :) I have been through ALOT (I will be posting my actual story on the sharing forum instead of here) and sometimes its hard because I feel like I can't really relate to my friends since they have had a lot different background than me. I am working hard on healing and this is why I came to this community! I look forward to sharing with you all and wish everyone the best :)

tj

Hi Searchingforpeace,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

I am glad you've found us, and then also joined us. This is a supportive and caring community here, and I am sure you'll find that out for yourself too. :)

Lots of us are in T and on meds. :) I think it's great that you are helping yourself as much as you can, it's so important. Getting help and support in doing that is a good thing. I can imagine how you feel "different" from other people around you, and how that can suck too. You'll find a lot of people here you can relate to, the same will prob go for the posts... I am sorry you went through so much in your life..... Please know that none of it is your fault... Hopefully AS can make you feel less alone, and instead make you feel supported in your healing.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'd love to help you out where-ever I can. :)

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

WElcome to AS, Salty has to right thoughts and ideas up there ^^^ I support her on that one, I only wish to add I am glad you are here, and have found the courage to stand up and step out and say you were abused but are now ready to heal. I hope to talk more with you sometime soon.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::supportu::loveas:

Hi searchingforpeace

I'm glad you're here, and I'm sure you'll find a lot of people you can relate to and receive support from.

Feel free to PM me anytime

take care of yourself

teazle

Hi hon

welcome here to AS

were a very caring group here :)

big hugs

graice

Welcome to AS! :flowers:

I just thought I'd send you a welcome flower, and say hello. I've only been on the AS boards for a few months now, and I've found everyone so incredibly supportive and validating. I'm glad that you've found AS, and I hope that we can help you on your healing journey.

Take care of yourself...

:hug:

Welcome searchingforpeace  :flowers: I just wanted to welcome you to AS!  I am also pretty new here and have had alot of support and everyone here is so incredibly nice.  I am also in Therapy and take meds as do many of us here.  It is good to here that you want to relate to others and I think that you will probably relate alot.I am sorry for the reasons you are here.  Feel free to pm me anytime. :hug:

Hey there,

Welcome to AfterSilence :hug:

I am glad that you have come to AS, I am sure there's a-lot of people here to which you will be able to relate to - and the people here really do care :bighug: and we understand the hurt and pain what you have been through has caused, and we are here to support you through that :flowers:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :hug:

John

Hello and welcome to AS. I hope you will find all the support and healing you need here.

hey,

welcome to AS. i hope you find lots of support here.

-becky lynn

:hi: hun.... Welcome to AS... i hope you find all the help and support you so deserve here, take you time in looking around and we will be here for you anytime you need us

Take care

Angel x

Wow!!!! Thank you so much for your kind welcomes! I have never felt so welcome and comfortable like this :) I am really enjoying the site and I can tell you are all such a special bunch of strong.brave, kind hearted people! Thank you for everything and I am so glad I found this place :) Also, if anyone ever needs to talk just pm me or send me a message :)

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

tara