Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi. I recently found this site as I was trying to help other survivors like myself... and in trying to help them I realized that I hadn't healed at all... I had just kept burying everything under me and ignoring it.

So, when I tried to help others and found myself so raw that I would burst into tears just thinking about things and knowing that I still have night terrors every night I decided maybe I should try this site and maybe I could find some help here...

My name is Lori. I am a survivor of mental, emotional, verbal, sexual and physcial abuse by both family and an ex boyfriend.

i just found this site this morning at about 1:00am, i cant sleep.. i was laying in bed, eyes wide open... and then "that night" started to play in my head over and over... i had to get up, had to go do something.... so i surfed the net for some "survivor sites" and this was first on google's list.... so here i am ,.... i think what everyone here is doing is an amazing thing!!! im so glad there is a place that i can go where other people can relate to what i have been through.... and to the contributing members... thank you so much for your support and care..!! Everyone here is in need of a place like this!!

THANK YOU!

Heather

Hi Lori,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It sounds like you went through a lot. :console:

Night terrors suck, and I am sorry to read you are going through them too. Please know that what was done to you is wrong. Very wrong!! It is not your fault, hun, you did no wrong. :hug:

You have found a group of people that is more than willing to listen to you and support you through the struggles. This is a wonderful community, and I am glad that you are a part of it. :) Please feel free to ask questions if you have them. We're here to help. :)

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Hi Lori

welcome to AS this is a great place of support :)

big hugs

graice

welcome to AS :hug:

Welcome Lori,

It's great that you've found this site and I'm glad that you can recognize your own healing. :)

We're all here for you and ready to listen anytime you're ready.

AS is a wonderful place.

Take your time hun.

:hug: = if ok?

Feel free to message me anytime :up:

If it's ok with you, that is.

Sadie

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and hugs :) I appreciate it and I am happy to be here... even though I tend to cry at the thought of logging in... although I think that is just a stage and I'm okay with the tears because I have always had a "no cry" rule but I think they mean healing now, it's just getting through all the "muck" to start said healing, right??

Thank you so much. :throb:

Hi Lori   :hi: welcome to AS, it is a wonderful place and everyone is so supportive.  I also have a no cry rule but realize that when I do cry that is when i open up and ultimately allow myself to feel. I am here if you need anything.  PM me anytime   :hug:

Hi Lori, welcome to our family.

I hope you find all the support and healing you need here.

Hi Lori

I'm so sorry you've been through what you have but I hope we are able to give you the help and support you need.

Please feel free to PM me any time

take care of yourself

teazle

Hey Lori,

I am glad to here that you and are seeking support, I am so sorry for what you ex boyfriend and your family have put you through, and please know that you didn't deserve it at all :hug: AfterSilence is such a supportive place to be apart of, and I am glad that you have decided to come here for some healing :flowers:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :hug:

John

:hi: hun.... Welcome to AS... i hope you find all the help and support you so deserve here, take you time in looking around and we will be here for you anytime you need us

Take care

Angel x

Thank you so much for all of your warm welcomes! I truly appreciate it and am weary but happy to be on the healing path and so greatful to have found a site like this to start my journey on. :bighug: