Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

I am new here and when I took the decision to join, I came here hoping and looking for support. but before I posted i wanted to have a quick look around first. After reading what you have all been through, i feel pathetic, and bad for feeling so worthless and depressed. i have no right to. reading your stories makes me cry so much. I feel so bad for you all, wish i could help you all. Im crying just typing this, why does so much evil happen to such good people like all of you? You are all trully amazing and i mean that from the bottom of my heart.

lucy x

Gentle hugs to all of you. ((( )))

Hi Lucy,

Welcome again!! :wink:

Your story matters just as much as everyone elses, hun. You matter, you're important. You're not pathetic at all, def not worthless either. You have every right to be here... :hug:

It's ok to take the tme to read around the boards, don't worry about that, with the exception if posts make you feel so much worse instead of being helpful. We don't want you to hurt at all, let alone worse than before!

I am glad you've joined us, hun..... :hug:

Jo

Hey Lucy -

I was the exact same way on reading everyone else's stories and feeling the same way you do. And believe me, I still feel that way sometimes, but no matter what your story is - how worse or whatever it seems - people here are supportive all the same.

Lots of gentle hugs for you! :hug:

Hey Lucy,

Welcome to AS, I am glad that you have come here :hug:

As Jo said, you are just as important as any other member here, you are not at all pathetic, or worthless, you are just as important anyone else who is here, and you need not feel as if you are pathetic or worthless because you are the exact opposite to that there.

You matter so much here, and I just want to let you know that :hug: and there is no need to try and help us all, don't forget to focus on your own healing also because that is very important, if we all help each other just a little bit on AS then that helping will spread all around the AS community, and is very much what this AS community is built on, helping each together we can all heal together, and I am sure that you will be a very healing part of our community, and I hope that our community will have a healing effect on you, I am sure that it will :hug:

Thankyou for those kind words and hugs, your also an amazing person :hug: and here are some hugs for you also :hug: :hug:

Take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :flowers:

John

Hi there Lucy , firstly ditto to all the above...

Secondly welcome and thank you for your complimentary comments . But not needed ! We are all in the same boat here , and we all sink together , which is why we all paddle fast !!

Hello and Welcome Lucy

I'm glad you found this site and I hope you find what you're looking for. There is a ton of support and understanding here. I look forward to reading your posts.

:butterfly:

welcome to AS :hug:

Welcome to our family hun.

You deserve to be here, too. Everyone has a different story. Some of us have gone different things but everyone here is important- including you.

We are happy to have you here and I hope you get all the healing and support you need.

Sending you gentle :hug: if ok.

Hi Lucy

welcome here to AS

we are a very supportive bunch and your story is just as important as mine or anybody else's here :)

glad your here :)

big hugs

graice

Hi Lucy

I look forward to getting to know you too :)

big hugs

graice

Edited by Graice

:hi: hun.... Welcome to AS... i hope you find all the help and support you so deserve here, take you time in looking around and we will be here for you anytime you need us

Take care

Angel x