Hi - I am very new to this, I have never used a forum before let alone one that is specifically for survivors. I am not really sure what I am supposed to say here. I know its not a place for details. I am a survivor, a self harmer, a mess. I am having counselling - that was new for me too. They say that breaking the silence is a healing experience, so far it feels anything but. Does this get easier? I hope so. Anyway - I'll keep this short - knowing my luck no one will even reply to it. So - what do i do now, how does this work? I feel really stupid asking, but like I said, this is all new to me.

Hi and welcome to AS...... :hi:

Take your time looking around, there is no pressure in saying anything about yourselve, you can do that when you feel up to it and that desision is totally yours. I hope you find all the support you so deserve here. Breaking the silence is a healing experience but what i didnt realize was all the hard work that came with it, but we will get there one day, we have to....

I hope to see you around, you take gentle care and if you need anything just give me a shout..

Angel x

Welcome Searching4peace!! This site is for whatever you need. You may share as little or as much as you want or need. The only thing that you need to do specifically is add a trigger warning to anything you might want to discuss that might trigger someone else.

You will find many warm and caring people here. There are plenty of forums for you to check out. Some that deal with SI, addiction, relationships, etc.

I have not been able to share my story here as of yet and I have been here almost a year. Having been in counselling for 7 months I can understand your feelings of it being hard. I hope it gets easier myself.

Again welcome to AS may you find some peace in knowing you are not alone!

Hope

:aswelcomesu::hug: :hug: :hug:

welcome to AS :hug:

Hi searching4peace,

Welcome!! :)

A site like this can be quite overwhelming, especially if you have no experience with this sort of thing. That's ok, hun, new things can sometimes be good. This is a group of people that listen to each other, support each other and help each other through the time of healing as best as possible. It's not meant as a professional form of help, but it sure helps to have friends and fellow survivors that understand your struggles. That's what we are here.... Feel free to click on any forum (except the male only, which has a password) and every title is a topic, in which a member has written stuff you can read and reply to.

There's no rush here hun, you don't have to do or say anything you don't want. Take all the time you need to get to know the site and the wonderful people here. We're glad you're here. :) If you have any questions on how the site works, just ask ok? If it helps you feel better, you can also contact a member privately through PM..... To get there.... Look on top of the avatar (in my case the teddybear w/ heart) and move your curser over the name... The dropbox shows "send message". If you click on that, you'll get to a window in which you can write and then send the message. Of course, you can also ask on the forums. That gives faster answers sometimes, b/c a member might not be online?

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Edited by Saltywaters

welcome to AS! i'm so glad that you are here. i promise it will get easier, i have healed so much since i have been here. everyone here is wonderful, we are all like a family. please let me know if you need anything. i look forward to getting to know you. :hug:

Jill

Hello and welcome to AS :luck:

Hi there :hi:

Welcome to AS, I hope you feel comfortable here very soon.

You're not alone

take care :console:

Welcome :flowers:

I'm glad you have come here for some healing :hug:

John