cloud dancing

Hi. Im New Here.

Hi Everyone. I am going to post my story in the appropriate forum, but I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Im 37 and Canadian and I have some questions about the board. What is an Alter that they talk about in the comments to read before posting?

I hope everyone is having a good evening.

Cloud Dancing.

welcome to AS :hug:

Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental illness in which a single person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities, each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment. thus, alters are those distince personalities.

cloud dancing,

Welcome to AfterSilence, we have information alters and Dissociative Identity Disorder here on AS,

Here is a post which I have found quiet useful in explaining DID: Click Here

I hope that it helps :flowers:

Alters are the different personalities, or insiders that a person with DID has within them.

I'm sorry for what has brought you here, however I am glad that you have come to AfterSilence, and I hope that it can help in your healing :hug:

I am looking forward to seeing you on the forum site and chat room soon, and I hope I can help in your healing,

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :hug:

John.

Welcome. You'll get to know the board soon. Welcome, and don't be afreaid to post. You'll be supported.

:butterfly:

Hi and welcome to AS

I hope you find what you're looking for here

bighug.jpg

take care of yourself

teazle

Guest jeff

welcome to AS! look forward to getting to know you

AS is very supportive and im sure you will find this in your own time too :)

Welcome! I'm new here too. I'm not ready to do the sharing of my story. Take your time and do it when you're ready. I have found this space to be very comforting.

Welcome to AS cloud dancing!!! I hope you find as much support, understanding and inspiration here as i have. Take care.

Welcome to AS I hope you love it here as much as I do

wow. Thanks everyone. I felt pretty alone this am when I awoke. Cried, etc. etc. but I came out of it and am just plain tired now. But what a comfort to see your positive words!

Thank you again so much!!!!!

Hi Cloud dancing....A big welcome to AS, i really hope you feel at home here and you get all the help and support you so deserve here..... i hope to see you around some time hun, take care and see you soon..

Angel xx

Hello and welcome to AS :luck: