Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here...

So, I don't remember if I've posted here before, but I'm going to anyways. Basically, my name is Sarah, and I'm a survivor. I'm confused as to how this site works, and I was told I need to post 25 times before I can use chat? That's a lot. But post where? Here? lol.

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

sarahxx

Hi Sarah, Welcome to AS!!! I found the boards quite confronting at first, but take your time and look around. You do need to do 25 posts in order to get into chat, but you'll find it happens quite quickly. You can reply to any posts or post new ones of your own. I hope you find as much support, understanding and inspiration here at AS as i have. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care.

welcome to AS :hug:

We to AfterSilence :hug:

The 25 post rule before you can post, isn't to prevent you from healing, but rather to make the site as safe as possible, click here for more information and posts are whenever you click the Post new topic or Add Reply button that is count as a post, so me writting this will increase my post count by one, just as if you write something to someone, besides PMs, then that will count as a post :hug: - I hope you understand :flowers:

I am very glad that you have come here for some healing :hug: - it is a wonderful place to heal, and I have personally found it very helpful. :hug:

How AfterSilence works is that we have a number of forums within our site, e.g. Welcome, Share you story, Aftermath, so survivors go to those forum and start topics about things relating to that forum, and then other members reply. We then have moderators who keep the forums and chat room safe for us all, It basically works as one big supportive network. If you still a-bit confused, please feel free to PM me :hug:

I look forward to seeing you on the forum site, and within the chat room soon, and I hope I can help in your healing :bighug: please remember you can PM me anytime :flowers:

Take gentle care :hug:

John

Hi Sara,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home here soon. :flowers:

The boards can be a bit overwhelming at first, so don't hesitate to ask for help in navigating all these forums. You have access to all those forums, except for the "male survivors"... That is a private forum where male members can talk amongst themselves. For female survivors there's a "women only" forum, but you have to get the password from one of the mods. :) Other than that, go anywhere you want! :) The 25 posts rule is not as much as it might seem. You need only 4 more posts? Not too bad..... :wink:

:hug:

Jo

Hello and welcome.

25 posts may seem like I lot, but once u get going, you wont be able to stop. Don't be afraid to post anywhere, a vent or 2. supoort your fellow survivors. I know u can do it.

:butterfly:

Hi and welcome to AS

I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Yes, there is a requirement of 25 posts before you can use chat but its quite easy to get the 25 posts, whether about more 'serious' subjects in aftermath or need to vent, or fun things in humour and silliness. The rule is just so that we can get to know you better before you come into chat, and you can get to know some of us and the ways of AS.

take care of yourself

teazle

Hello Sarah,

I welcome you , I am new also my name is DeeDee. I also am confused about posting, but as they suggested, I just find a few minutes a couple times a day when no one is around me and explore.

I left the screen up by accident last night, and my 16 year old daughter gave me the 3rd degree, wanting to know why I was on a sight of sexual abuse....I was like a deer in the headlights. She knows nothing of what I am dealing with right now. So now I am much more aware of shutting the sight down everytime I roll away from the computer. ( I am in a wheelchair) Just FYI...dont want a simular situation to happen to anyone else.

I hope to get to know you..this is my post #3....lol

:hug: DeeDee