Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi everyone,

I'm newly subscribed here. I'm a 49 y.o. man. I'm here to work on some issues I have with people, particularly women. I was sexually abused, and my mother was very emotionally abusive. I'm just incredibly sad how this has caused so many problems for me relating to women. Basically a lot of overwhelming fears and anxiety. I'd really like to change that.

This looks like a kind and caring place. And I can't tell you how sad I am to read what men have done to the women here....

WElcome to AS landofshadow, sometimes it is so hard for us to learn to trust the opposite sex when we have been abused. It may take time for you, but I have learned people here truly do care and no one is here to hurt or harm another. I hope you find AS warm and inviting and someplace you can find yourself sharing and caring along with the rest of us. :aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

welcome to AS :hug:

Hi LandOfShadow,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home here soon. This is a wonderful and caring community. We support each other and listen to each other here. Both male and female survivors are respected and accepted here. We all hurt, we all need to heal. We're in this together. :) You're not alone!!

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Welcome to After Silence :hi:

It's great to have you with us.

Hi

Welcome to AS, im sorry you had to find us, but glad you did if that makes sense, everyone here is so kind and understanding, so there is no pressure in saying anything about yourselve, just take your time and have a look around, we will all be here if you need us...take care and i hope we see each other around..

Angel xx

Hi there LandOfShadow, and Welcome to AfterSilence

I am glad that you have come here for some healing, and I am sure that you will be able to address and heal from some of your fears and anxiety here at AS.

I am also a Male survivor, although I am 17 Year old, so you are older :hug: - I am looking forward to seeing you on the forum site, and in the chat room soon, and I hope that I can help in your healing :hug:

Please take gentle care, and feel free to PM me anytime :)

John